Prologue : The price

The sun was high in the sky, a warm breeze rustling Mizuki's hair as she walked between two fellow sorcerers as they headed back to the school faculty from a mission. One was a tall man with white hair, known by all as Gojo Satoru. As he walked beside her he chatted happily, requesting the three of them stop to grab something sweet on the way. This made the other dark haired man frown. "You picked last time Satoru," he scolded, lips pulling up into a mischievous smile before adding, "I think it's Mizu's choice this time round."

She glanced over at him, quite content to sit back & allow the pair to bicker. The man who'd just spoken was: Suguru Geto, another special grade sorcerer. "Hmm." She finally said, an onyx nailed finger moving to lightly tap her chin — appearing as if in deep contemplation. "I say we get Dorayaki." Satoru laughed at that, she tended to always request the same thing whenever it was her choice. "We had that last time." He whined, dramatically waggling his eyebrows in mock distress. The group had bonded over their love for rivalry & the strength of their techniques, becoming close friends quickly. The violet haired sorcerer shot him a stern look before erupting into musical chortling. "I won the bet!" She exclaimed, thrilled to remind him of this fact.  Satoru stopped in his tracks, whirling to face the other two. "How about another one, all or nothin'?"His query lit up azure irises, the mischief held within them visible even through the lenses of his dark glasses. Geto shot him a look, aware that Mizu was never one to turn down an offer to gamble. Sighing he slid his hands in his pockets as the shorter girl piped up. "Deal, wanna rock paper scissors for it? If you win we'll eat where you want Satoru."

They had no idea that soon everything would change, the seemingly unbreakable bond between them more fragile than they ever could have ever realised.   In their youth they felt untouchable, unstoppable. But nothing ever lasts forever & everything comes at a cost.

Even those you love most can become your curse to carry.