Chapter 37 - Interventions and Confessions

Start from the beginning

Lucien is at the bar, pouring himself a glass of bourbon, when Tristan arrives with flowers in a large pot in his hand.

"Aw, flowers for me? You shouldn't have!"

Tristan rolls his eyes as he lays the pot of flowers on the other end of the bar, and Lucien pops a grape into his mouth before sitting on one of the barstools.

"They're for the lady of the house. The well-mannered bring a gift when invited to dinner. I assume you brought nothing?" Tristan says with a sly smile.

"Nothing but my charming personality and my deepest respect for you, that's gift enough," Lucien retorts, taking a sip of his bourbon.

Lucien looks over the flowers and chuckles lowly with a knowing smirk, "You got Phoebe flowers?"

Tristan narrow his eyes at Lucien before looking over at the flowers and back at Lucien, "What of it?"

Lucien simply shrugs with his smirk still firmly in place, "You'll see."

Phoebe stands at the top of the stairs, all dressed up with the dress elegantly highlighting her baby bump and her hair plaited by Klaus. 

When she spots Lucien and Tristan, she sighs and rubs her head as she clutches the baby monitor for the twins tightly in her hand

Phoebe had sealed their room from anyone not of Mikaelson blood or herself.

As she descends the stairs, Lucien and Tristan look over and watch as she walks down to join them.

"Phoebe, you look stunning," Tristan says, taking her hand and placing a kiss on the back of it.

"Thank you, Tristan. What you are two gossiping about?" Phoebe ask as she looks at Lucien where he is still smirking.

"Tristan got you flowers." Lucien says as he gestures to the pot next to him.

"Just what I need, another thing in this house to keep alive." Phoebe says as she reaches over and touches the pot that the flowers are sitting in.

Tristan frowns at Phoebe's words while Lucien gives him a triumph smirk as he takes a sip of bourbon.

Just then, Klaus enters the room, having changed into a nice black velvet dinner jacket over his usual dark henley and jeans.

"Lovely. We're all getting along!" Klaus says with a big smile.

"Mmm, like a fuse and a match." Lucien answers as Klaus joins us at the bar, standing close behind me as he pours himself a drink which makes Phoebe grin slightly as his other hand comes to rest on the small of her back.

Lucien trains his eyes on Phoebe before his eyes drop to her baby bump. "How's your little parasite doing, Phee?"

Phoebe shoots him a glare, "Call my son a parasite again and you will be leaving here with more holes in your body then when you arrived." Phoebe threatens while Klaus watches her with an amused smile before changing the topic of conversation.