homecoming

Amelia was at her locker talking with the girls from theater about homecoming until Ricky Bowen walked up with flowers. All the girls pushed Nini forward and she blushed. As soon as the girls did that Amelia tucked her head and opened her locker. Someone cleared their throat behind them and she turned around with Ricky Bowen holding the flowers out to her. She looked around at the girls around her and everyone had a smile on her face besides Gina and Nini.

"Would you like to go to homecoming with me?" He asked as she finally took the flowers.

She pulled him to the side away from the group "Didn't you want to get Nini back? Why don't you ask her to homecoming?"

"I think I might be better off without her surprisingly" he chuckled as he looked nervously at her.

She sent him a small grin and nodded her head yes. As soon as she did that movement, she heard Ashlyn some dancers coo at the two. The bell rang for first period, and she gave him a quick hug and walked to class with her friends.

The two sat at a lunch table with Big Red as he walks rambling on about something that happened today in his class. Ricky rolled his eyes and whispered something in his friend's ear that caused him to get up and leave the two alone.

"So... are we going to talk about yesterday or are we just going to act like it never happened?"the Powell girl asked as she turned her body to fully face the boy.

He opened his mouth to find the right words "I'm not exactly sure. I was hoping you would tell me."

"It wasn't bad. It may just have been an in the moment situation. So, we can just pretend that it never happened and go back to being normal." She said with a smile on her face hoping this would be the right decision. He nodded as the bell rang and they walked together to their next class.

Amelia was wearing a red silk dress that fell below her knees. She sat in front of her vanity with her sister as she curled her hair and put on some light makeup. Gina was wearing a multicolored sequined dress that flattered her figure. The two girls sat talking about the plans for the night. The doorbell rang and the girls squealed in excitement. "Gina! EJ is here!" They heard their mother yell.

The two headed down the stairs and met the boy. Of course, the two took some photos but right before the two were about to leave the bell rang signaling that Ricky had shown up. She smiled and opened the door with EJ and Gina right behind her. "Wow" was the only word that came out of his mouth. After her sister left it was her own time to take some photos and then the two headed to the dance.

"Two tickets for Bowen, Ricky" he said to Mr. Mazzara as they walked in.

"You'll be with the other theater kids at table 10" he said as he gestured them to leave.

"He'll show up, okay? Maybe he just hit traffic." Amelia and Ashlyn told Carlos to try and cheer him up.

"We live in Salt Lake City. There hasn't been traffic since the two-thousand two Winter Olympics." Carlos told them still looking upset.

"Don't assume Seb stood you up!" Ashlyn said putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Okay, maybe he was just in a... farming accident" Ashlyn continued.

"Not helping" Carlos said as he gave her a look.

"Could you get me some punch, babe?" Gina said to EJ catching the attention of her sister.

"S-Sure, babe" EJ replied confused as he stood up.

"Hey, not to intrude on date night but you can do better than EJ. That guy that guy's bad news." Ricky said as he scooted down a seat to sit next to Gina and away from Amelia.

"You're not exactly one to give relationship advice. And when I want your opinion, I'll ask." Her sister said with a snarky. It confused Amelia because she knew Gina had a tiny crush on the boy.

"Well, I'm giving it anyway because I sort of thought you were classier than this. But, hey, maybe you really are what people say you are." Ricky said picking up his drink.

"And that is?" Gina questioned.

"Just a little too ambitious for your own good... or anyone else's" he said as he took a drink and sat it down.

Gina got up and left the table and Amelia scoffed at Ricky. And she left to grab something to eat.

"Was this, like, a huge mistake?" Ricky said to Big Red as Amelia walked towards the two.

"What? Calling Gina out like that? Yes, that was mad harsh, dude. You owe her an apology." Big Red told him, and the girl nodded.

"She showed up to the dance with my ex's ex. What's that about?" Ricky said looking at Gina and EJ.

"Maybe it's not actually about you at all. Maybe people are allowed to go out with whoever they want to go out with and be whoever they want to be. Sorry, I've been falling asleep to Dr. Phil lately." Big Red told him as Amelia laughed at him.

"That's the plan!" Gina yelled as she dumped a drink on EJ and walked out of the gym.

There's no plan, okay? I had a vague idea that Nini was going to be here with Kourtney see me with EJ, and Amelia with Ricky. then...I don't know! Just get so fed up with all the drama that everyone would just quit the show or something.

Ricky went to go apologize to her sister leaving Amelia by herself. She danced the night away with her friends as she was a bit saddened that she didn't get to dance with the boy who asked her to come.

Amelia was on the porch reading as a car pulled up. "I kind of owe you a thank you, actually." Ricky said as he faced Gina not noticing the other sister on the porch.

"For what?" Gina asked confused.
"
You're the reason I stayed with the show. That night at the skate park. You set me straight and... It's been a big deal for me. The T-Troy thing." He replied.

"Well, it suits you." She said smiling.

"I still don't know all the theater terms. I don't know It's just nice to have somewhere to go after school every day you know. He said genuinely.

"I know Believe me. Goodnight Ricky" Gina said as she kissed Ricky's cheek before stepping out of the car. Ricky pulled away from the house without a thought and Gina walked inside without noticing the girl.

Amelia decided to pull out her phone and text the boy.

Amelia: Well, the dance was fun huh.

Ricky: Sorry about tonight. You looked gorgeous btw. Sorry I ruined your night. I'll make it up to you I promise.

Amelia: Ricky it's okay. Besides I'm happy you make my sister happy. Just don't hurt her okay.

Ricky: what are you talking about?

Amelia: Aren't you guys a thing now. I was on the porch when you pulled up.

Ricky: oh.

And that's how Ricky left the conversation. He didn't realize that she was already home. He didn't know what to say. Amelia waited for him to say something after that, and he never did. So, she got up and hopped into her bed and went to sleep.