Lᴏᴠᴇ Gᴀᴍᴇ

______________________________________

Liz stood there unsure of what to do. "Conrad, what happened ?"

He turns to her before he walks closer to the water, "Panic attack. I'm fine. I'll be fine."

"What do you mean, you'll be fine ? A panic attack is serious. Conrad."

"It's... I just need a second." He breathes

"Is there anything I can do ?"

"I don't know, Liz. Just talk." He wheezes, "Okay ? Just talk about anything."

"Um, talk, right. Um... Um..." She stammers as she shakes her hands, "The beach. The first time you guys brought me here to surf I was so freaked out." She laughs

"You and Jeremiah had just come back from some fancy surfing camp and you knew all these cool tricks and Dakota learned from watching a bunch of youtube videos. I felt like such a little kid." She smiles

"But you stayed and paddled with me till we caught a wave together. I thought you were the coolest person in the world."

"I guess you were wrong about that one." He says turning towards her before turning back

"No. You're still the coolest." She nods. He takes a deep breath. "You have these a lot ?"

"Yeah. More since my mom died." He gulps. He runs his hands through his hair as he walks closer. "I'm glad you're here."

"So, you want to tell me what got you all worked up ? Or just be done and pretend this never happened ?"

"Found out I got into Stanford."

Her jaw drops, "What ? Are you serious ?"

"Yeah. You remember my mom had this fantasy about me finding myself on the West Coast."

"Wait, wait, wait, Connie, this is a good thing. No, you've been dreaming about Stanford since you were ten years old. We've always talked about this."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know... but things are just starting to get better with Jere, and he's going to Finch in the fall, which is close to Brown, so it just doesn't make sense to transfer anymore..."

"Hey, hey, hey, you can't keep holding yourself back for him." She says. He looks down, "And even then you don't have to decide this second or anything, okay ? Just talk to Jere."

"He doesn't even know I applied, Liz. So..." He shrugs. "Please don't tell him."

Liz looks away before she chuckles, "I mean, Stanford's not even an Ivy. So fuck 'em, right ?"

He chuckles as he nods, "Let's go."

She turns to walk back with him. She shudders as she feels his hand graze her lower back.

______________________________________

Liz yawns as she walks down the stairs. Just as she turns to go into the kitchen, she sees Belly walking back towards her.