Sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ Tɪᴅᴇs

______________________________________

Liz sat in the kitchen with Belly as she made her drink. The volleyball tournament was today and Belly was competing. Liz wanted to be happy and hyped for her, but her mood had been down ever since the conversation with Conrad.

"You're still coming to the game right ?"

Liz looks up from her phone and gives a quick smile, "Of course, I wouldn't miss it." She says before she looks back down at her phone.

"Jeremiah and I kissed last night." Belly says quickly.

Liz's eyes widen as her head snaps up, "What ?"

"Yeah." Belly chuckled

"Oh my god. How was it ? How did it even happen ?"

"It was good." Belly smiles. The girls heard footsteps, "As for how it happened, I'll tell you later." She whispers. Liz nods with a smile.

Belly chuckles as she continues her drink.

"Hey, Belly." Conrad says

"Oh, hey." She says. Conrad looks over at Liz who hasn't looked up.

"What's that ?" He asks as he points to Belly's drink.

"My secret weapon." She nods

"Hmm. Feeling good about the tournament ?"

"Yeah, I'm ready." She smiles

"If you stay ready, you won't have to get ready." He says hesitantly. Liz cringes as Belly laughs.

"Mm."

"That was cheesy." She says

"Yeah. You try, you try coming up with a motivational phrase with no cheese."

"Hmm." Belly says as she looks up to the ceiling, "I'm thinking. I'm thinking."

As she looks back down, the doorbell rings. "Oh, that must be Taylor." She says, "Be right back." She walks out as Conrad turns to Liz.

"Liz ?" He says quietly. The girl looks up with a stoic expression.

"Yeah ?"

"I'm sorry."

"For being cheesy ?" She mutters as she looks back down at her phone.

"For being a jerk the other day and pretending like I don't remember when I remember everything." He rambles, "I just keep replaying it over and over again in my head."

"I-I don't know what to say." She shrugged as she looked up at him.

"I know. It's too little, too late. I get it. Um..." He says as he looks away, "Can I take you to the ball?"

"What ?" She squints

"I mean, I think it would fun to go. Us being older now." He says

"Liz, River is here." Belly yells