Lᴏᴠᴇ Sᴄᴇɴᴇ (4)

______________________________________

"Should we go inside ?" Conrad says

"I don't think we came all this way just to sit in the car." Liz chuckles

Conrad chuckles as they walk inside.

"Oh, wow. It's so weird being here in the winter."

"I know. So cold." Conrad says as he closes the door.

"Oh, I'm gonna see if we have anything to eat.  Maybe we left some Oreos or something." She says as they set their bags down

"Yeah, good luck."

Liz walks into the kitchen and looks through the cabinets. She smiles as she reaches in.

Conrad looks up from the fire place as he hears her footsteps.

"Hot cocoa." She gasps

"Amazing." He smiles. She runs back into the kitchen excitedly

"I don't know why I can't get this fire started.

"Yeah, weren't you supposedly, uh, an Eagle Scout ?" She says as she pours the cocoa into the cups

"Shut up." He says. She laughs as she adds the water.

"They're gonna be really chocolatey." She calls out as she puts the cups into the microwave.

Liz clears her throat to get Conrad's attention. He looks up with as she sits down on the couch. "Do you want your cocoa ?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah. Sure." He says nervously as he walks around to the other end of the couch.

"What ? Why are you sitting so far ?" She chuckles

He scoots closer as she takes a sip. He does too before he starts coughing. "Wow, that tastes..."

"Amazing ?"

"Really dusty."

"Okay, for your information," She chuckles, "cocoa is my specialty. And you're welcome."

"Thanks." He says she turns back to her cup as his eyes linger on her face. She said watches as his arm lays across the back of the couch and his hand comes closer to her face.

"Do... Cocoa powder on my face ?" She asks as she wipes her hand across her cheek.

He quickly pulls away. "No. No, just..." He starts, "a little dirt." Her brows raise, "I mean, um... freckles."

She laughs as she shakes her head. "Okay."

He watches her with a slight smile. She looks over, but past him as her face lights up. "Oh, my God. It's snowing." She says as she sets her cup down.