Sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ Cᴀᴛᴄʜ

______________________________________

Liz sat at the kitchen table eating breakfast. She looked over as she heard someone walking in. Her heart rate sped up as she saw Conrad walk in.

"Morning." He smiled

"Good morning." She smiles back. She looked back at her food and failed to realize that his eyes lingered.

"Morning." He said again as he filled his coffee cup.

"Morning." Jeremiah said

A couple of seconds later, Liz heard Jeremiah sigh. "Seriously ?"

"You can have it." Conrad mutters as he hands over his cup

"Thanks." Jeremiah says hesitantly

"Mm-hmm."

"Do you want some coffee Liz ?" He says softly

"No, thank you." She shakes her head

"Hey, where's Belly ? And everyone else ?" Conrad mutters to no one in particular.

Liz frowns, "Uh, Belly and Steven are at the club, doing the whole deb thing." Jeremiah says

"Ah."

"Yeah."

"Want some eggs ? I'll make some." He says as he looks between the two. Liz lifts up her bowl as Conrad nods.

"Uh, I gotta get to the club." Jeremiah says

"Right."

"So, uh..." Jeremiah starts, "What's with the good mood ?" He turns to Liz who shrugs

"I don't know, maybe I'm just happy to be alive, after you almost blew me up last night." Conrad jokes.

"I said I was sorry. I didn't know you guys were out there." Jeremiah says as he looks out of the window, "What were you guys doing out there, anyway ?"

Liz waves her hand to get Jeremiah's attention. He looks over to her as she frowns on confusion.

"Who?" She mouths. Before he could answer, Conrad answers. "I don't know. Just talking."

"About... ?"

Conrad turns to him, "Don't you have a pool to vacuum ?" Jeremiah pulls out his phone and his eyes widen.

"Shit. I'm already late."

"If you wait a minute, I'll take you. I'm heading over there."

"There's no time." Jeremiah says before he drinks his milk.

"And seriously, you gotta stop with the milk thing. It's disgusting." Conrad says as Jeremiah rushes out of the house.

Liz gets up and puts her bowl in the sink. She turns and Conrad is already looking at her.