"I see," Jason murmured, rubbing his chin as he sat, thinking. But he got distracted by the light beard scattered there, thinking about how much his wife loved the light scruff.

The door was opened from the other side, and they all turned their attention to it because no one who worked there was allowed to come in without knocking. But it turned out to be a confused looking Mitchell.

"Hey," Trey greeted, pushing a chair towards him. "How are you doing?"

"Good, good," he muttered absently as he closed and locked the door behind him.

Trey raised a brow at the action and shared a look with Jason and Billy. "Are you okay?" Jason asked, watching as Mitch dropped into the seat.

"Is it just me or Maya is behaving weirdly?" Then he looked at Trey. "Is she alright?"

The guys smiled at each other. "We were just talking about that, and I guess we haven't told you, but we suspect she's an insider. An outsider posing as Maya to find and give out information."

"That would make a lot of sense." Mitch bent over, placing his elbows on his knees. "She claimed I hadn't introduced Samantha to her when I have and she didn't look happy about me being here." He looked at Trey. "How long since you noticed?"

"It only occurred to me some time ago when it struck me severely how wrong she was addressing me compared to the usual," Trey said, sitting up in his seat.

"It's bad Trey," Mitch said. "If she finds out of this fake documentation you're going for to fool Ethan, or that we know Lexi's whereabouts, everything can go downhill from there." Then he stood to pace the small space he had. "By the way," he asked looking at Jason, "how is the transfer going?"

"Trey already signed the necessary documents so we gave them up to tomorrow evening max to finish it. It's a lot of work so we gave them an incentive to speed it up," Jason replied. "We don't want to keep too long."

"Good. On my side, there's one more thing to look into and I'll let you know everything by tomorrow morning." He looked at Trey. "Is that okay?"

"Sure. I would rather know everything than have some without the rest."

"Nice." He opened the door again to leave. "I'll see you tomorrow morning then. Take care of Sam and Wren for me?"

"Of course," they all replied, rising to leave as well.

Trey's heart was beating fast and he doubted he would get any sleep. "Billy, leave the tracking to me while you and Jason take care of the posted men. I want to keep busy since I'm worried—it's been eight hours and they're still moving."

"Sure," he replied, patting Trey's shoulder once as he walked out with Jason.

*

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

7:26 am...

"So, what did you find?" Trey asked. They four had once again settled in Billy's office to hear of Mitchell's findings.

"I don't know how it's connected," Mitchell began, making Trey frown. "The only way your father is connected to your wife is through her mother." Trey's frown deepened just as Billy and Jason wore expressions of confusion.

Mitch gave them a small smile. "Her mother, Christine Butcher, was your dad's high school sweetheart."

Jason's eyes were bulging out of his head. "Old Andy is capable of feelings?"

Trey sent him a nasty glare that shut him up, then he signaled Mitch to go on. "Your father loved her a lot, I gather. And though they were on and off a few times because of how toxic the relationship was, it broke him when she decided she couldn't do it anymore.

TENACITYOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara