Chapter 25: Ash Like Snow

Start from the beginning

Jaune looked at her, "Sounds fine to me, but keep your eyes out for him, he might try following one of you back here,"

May smiled, "Don't worry blondie, we'll be fine" She told him.

Deery, however, looked at Robyn with a concerned and nervous look, "I-If you guys don't mind, I'd rather stay here and help Jaune recover," Deery said.

Jaune looked at her, "Deery, I'm fine," He said.

Deery then looked at him, "I-I know, I just... I feel like I owe you," she replied, "So please let me help you," He said.

Jaune let out a sigh, "Fine, but only for tomorrow," He said. Jaune then let out a yawn, "I'm gonna get some sleep, I'll see you all in the morning," Jaune told them as he walked to his room.

Fiona watched him walk away with a worried look and let out a sigh, "That man's gonna be the death of me..."

May then wrapped her arm around Deery, "Aw! Look at Fiona, being all worried about her future boyfriend~!" May teased.

Fiona blushed, "Shut up!" she cried.

Deery looked at Fiona with a raised brow, "You like Jaune?" She asked.

Fiona's blush grew as she looked at the newest Huntress, "I-! Uh! Well, I...!"

Joanna began chuckling, "The answer's yes, Deery," Joanna said.

Fiona turned to her with a glare and a blush, "Joanna!" Fiona cried.

Deery smiled, "I think it's sweet," She said, "But what made you fall for him?"

Deery scratched the back of her head with a blush, "Well... this sounds stupid, but he... well he saved my life," She said, "He saved my life and after that, despite how he presented himself, I saw a guy that was only trying to protect others, who did genuinely care about people despite how he acted, and while he was in a dark place, I wanted to help him but..." Fiona began.

"So, Jaune... do you have anyone special back in Vale?" Fiona asked.

Jaune didn't answer her right away, but he eventually did. "I don't think so..." Jaunne replied.

Fiona's brow raised, "Really?" She asked with a bit of a smile.

Jaune nodded, "Yeah, I don't think I have anyone special waiting for me back in Vale," he repeated.

At that moment, Fiona felt a little happy, as to her it meant that he wasn't taken, and when she had the chance, she could ask him out when the time was right, but then, Jaune said something that took her out of those thoughts.

"But... I think there's someone I'm waiting for..." Jaune muttered.

Hearing this, Fiona wondered what he meant, and she began to think that Jaune may have been in love with someone who didn't love him back... or he did have someone he loved and they loved him and well, and for whatever reason, they were separated, perhaps he didn't even realize that he loved them... and that made Fiona a little jealous.

"But I don't think I have a chance," Fiona muttered.

Meanwhile, In his room, Jaune lay in bed, but he couldn't sleep, he simply looked at the dim light of the moon shining into his room, it wasn't so bright that it lit up the room, but it was bright enough to see around the parts of the room, like a nightlight.

As Jaune lay there, wide awake, Vernal came to his head. 'I wonder how she's doing?' Jaune asked herself, 'What is she doing? Are she and Oscar ok? Is Maria still with them?' He asked himself again.