Chapter 18: Unspoken Truths

RYUJIN'S POV

Yeji sat at her desk, her attention seemingly lost in the world beyond the window. The soft morning light filtered through the glass, casting a gentle glow on her delicate features, accentuating her tranquil beauty. It was moments like these that made me appreciate the simple yet profound moments we shared.

Unable to resist, I found myself entranced by her profile, a smile playing on my lips. Her gaze, distant and contemplative, gave her an ethereal quality, as if she held secrets of the universe within her.

As if drawn by an invisible force, Yeji turned her head, her captivating, cat-like eyes meeting mine. A tender smile graced her lips, and I knew that this was a moment deserving of pure honesty. She deserves all the honesty I could give.

"Yeji," I began, my voice steady but filled with determination. I moved closer to her desk, my gaze unwavering from her captivating eyes.

A soft chuckle escaped her lips, her smile growing in response to my seriousness. "Don't make me nervous like that."

"You look absolutely stunning," I complimented, my words sincere and filled with admiration. Yeji's laughter flowed like a sweet melody, her eyes sparkling with amusement.

"You made me nervous for that?" she teased, her laughter contagious, and I couldn't help but join in.

"So, Yeji," I grinned mischievously, "you know, you're probably the only person who can make morning bedhead look like a fashion statement."

Yeji chuckled, her cheeks tinted with a charming blush. "You're just saying that."

I leaned in, my voice dropping dramatically. "I assure you, I'm just stating the facts. You could probably wake up and walk down a runway without any preparation."

Yeji burst into laughter, her eyes sparkling with affection. "Well, you have a way with words, Ryu."

We continued to share light-hearted banter, the compliments flowing freely. Laughter filled the room as we reminisced about our favorite places in the city, our dreams, and even shared a few embarrassing childhood stories. It was moments like these that reminded me how lucky I was to have Yeji by my side. Our connection grew stronger with each passing day, as did my love for her.

Then, as if a shadow had suddenly passed over me, I fell silent. My smile faded, and I gazed into Yeji's eyes, my heart heavy with unspoken emotions.

Yeji, noticing the change in my demeanor, furrowed her brow and asked with genuine concern, "Ryujin, what's wrong? Is something bothering you?"

I hesitated for a moment, grappling with the emotions that had surged to the surface. Finally, I sighed and looked back into her eyes, the warmth and sincerity in her gaze compelling me to be honest.

"Yeji," I began, my voice soft but tinged with vulnerability, "it's just that..."

As I uttered those words, the door swung open without warning, its familiar creaking hinges emphasizing the abrupt intrusion. The timing couldn't have been worse, as the atmosphere in the room shifted instantly.

And there she stood, Minju, a person we both know all too well, an unexpected visitor from both our lives, suddenly appearing before us like a ghost. My heart leaped in my chest, its wild, erratic beats reverberating in my ears like a thunderous drumroll.