Chapter 15 (300 read special)

Start from the beginning

He stares directly at Neville as he says this.

"This is a N.E.W.T. level potion, but I'm sure you can manage. Now then, the instructions will be on the board-"

Add 4 sprigs of Lavender to the mortar

Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to the mortar

Crush into a creamy paste using the pestle

Add 2 blobs of Flobberworm Mucus to your cauldron

Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to your cauldron

Gently heat for 30 seconds

Add 3 measures of the crushed mixture to your cauldron

Wave your wand

Leave to brew and return in 70 minutes (time depends on cauldron)

Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to your cauldron

Heat on a high temperature for 1 minute

Add 4 Valerian Sprigs to your cauldron

Stir 7 times, clockwise

Wave your wand to complete the potion

He finishes writing the instructions on the board. He looks directly at me.

"Potter, are you paying attention?"

"Yes professor!"

"Tell me what the board says then."

I squint at it, struggling to read it. It's probably my glasses, I've been wearing my father's old ones for as long as I can remember. The Dursley's didn't care enough to get me a new pair.

"Potter, I asked if you could read the board."

I see that the whole class is staring at me now.

"Sorry, it's my glasses. They're my father's, I've had them for as long as I can remember."

"Those Muggles you live with never got you a new pair?!"

"No, professor. They didn't."

"I see the problem then. Conjuro Glassio!"

A new pair of glasses appear out of thin air, and he hands them to me.

"Those should help," he says as I put on the glasses. "Tell me, Potter, can you see the board now."

I look around the room, everything so much clearer with the new glasses.

"Yes, thank you so much, Professor Snape."

"No need to thank me, I just wanted to make sure you don't mess up your potion again. Now class, I want you all to gather the ingredients and work on your potions. I will allow you to work in pairs if you'd like, as this is a more complex potion."

I look over to Draco and ask him if he wants to work together.

"Sure. I could have done it by myself, but you could definitely could use the help."

{TIME SKIP TO THE END OF THE DAY}

I walking back to the house after classes, deciding to skip dinner.

============================ 

~Remus P.O.V.~

I'm lying on the bed at the house with Sirius, curled up into his side, my head on his chest. He runs his hands through my sandy blonde hair, humming the whole time. We been just sitting here like this for about an hour, enjoying each other's company. I hear a knock at the door and hear it open.