3

—3. Father Knows Less
NEW FEELINGS

  SCARLETT AND SHAWN were sitting in their small living area, watching the Phillies game on their box tv

Scarlett got up to make some popcorn, she took the thin cardboard lid of off the jiffy pop and put it on one of the hot plates of the stove.

Shawn was jumping up and down, cheering and screaming at the screen, Scarlett rolled her eyes with a smile.

The ballpark organ was playing as the crowd cheered, Scarlett came back with the popcorn in a bowl, "It's still hot." She warned.

"Long fly ball," The announcer said, causing Scarlett and Shawn to pause and stare at the tv, "Could be the no-hitter," he informed, "No! Dykstra pulls it back over the wall."

Both, Scarlett and Shawn start grumbling complains but their mouths were filled with popcorn, causing it to just come out as muffled noises.

Shawn sat back, finished chewing, "I hear ya." He said, looking over at Scarlett and beginning to smile.

Scarlett turned her head to look at Shawn, raising a brow at him.

"Thanks for staying up with me, Lettie," Shawn added.

"Of course. But, remember you have school tomorrow, so we're not staying up late." Scarlett informed, pointing a finger at him.

  AT SCHOOL, Eric was standing beside Scarlett as she rummaged through her locker

She could barely keep her eyes open, her and Shawn stayed up past midnight watching the Phillies game. She never should have agreed to watching it.

"Hey! Scar!" Eric shouted in her ear, causing her to jump.

"Hmm." Scarlett yawned, slowly opening her eyes.

Eric raised a brow at her before realizing, "Ohh, you stayed up to watch the Phillies game with Shawn last night, didn't you?"

Scarlett rolled her half-closed eyes, and let out a fake laugh, "Way to call me out."

Eric laughed, grabbing her notebooks for her and closing her locker before putting an arm around her shoulder, leading her in the direction of their class, "Come on, Sunny." Eric cooed, he only called her Sunny when he was making fun of her or to talk her into doing something for him.

The duo entered the classroom, sitting in their assigned seats. Eric handed her, her notebook and an extra pen.

But Scarlett was most likely not going to be paying much attention to class.

Eric scooted closer to Scarlett, nudging her awake, "Scar. Sunny!" He whisper-yelled, "Wake up!"

Scarlett's head popped up, looking over at Eric, before plopping her head down on his shoulder, resting it there.

Eric sighed, patting her head, "Ok, just sleep. I'll wake you up later." He whispered, letting Scarlett sleep on him, while he opened up a notebook and jotted down what the teacher was talking about.

WORD COUNT : 461

AUTHORS NOTE:
Sorry it's so short, Scarlett didn't really fit into this episode- mainly because it's all about Cory and Alan.