1

—1. pilot
NEW FEELINGS

  SCARLETT HUNTER was getting ready for school, she was trying to go as fast as she could considering her and her brother- Shawn, lived in a trailer park and could no where near afford a car

  SCARLETT HUNTER was getting ready for school, she was trying to go as fast as she could considering her and her brother- Shawn, lived in a trailer park and could no where near afford a car. Therefore, they were walking.

"Eric, give me back the curler!" Scarlett yelled at her best friend, Eric Matthews. He had already broken almost all her makeup products and half of her stuffed animals by applying mascara moustaches.

"Catch me if you can, Scar!" Eric giggled, running in a circle in her small room.

Eric and Scarlett met when they were in kindergarten and they immediately clicked, they were both playful and full of mischief, the only difference being Scarlett was a tad smarter and poorer.

Everyone knew one day things would turn into something more than friendship, but, they also knew it would take a while considering they both could be pretty oblivious sometimes.

Eric knew he could never let Scarlett go, she was his best friend. His partner in crime. She was his sun and he was the moon that reflected off of her, he needed her.

Scarlett walked over to Eric, reaching a hand up to try and take the eyelash curler. He only held his hand further up into the air, "Er, just give it back. We have school in fifteen minutes." She pleaded.

Eric sighed, "Ugh, school. Who likes school anyway." He complained, giving Scarlett the curler back.

"Nobody," Scarlett answered, moving back to her vanity chair, "But, it's important for our future and the future of me providing for Shawn."

Eric sat on Scarlett's twin sized bed, looking at Scarlett through her mirror, "Well yeah, but, Shawn will be able to provide for himself eventually."

"Yeah, but until then I will do anything and everything for him," Scarlett said, putting her hair into an half up-half down style, "Especially with our absent parents." She rolled her eyes.

Eric walked over and put a hand on her shoulder, "And I will help." He paused, "Does that mean I have to do anything and everything for Cory?" He questioned.

"Yes," Scarlett nodded, turning to face him, "He's your brother."

"Never mind," Erics eyes widened, "Good luck, Scar."

Scarlett rolled her eyes, she was about to respond but Shawn burst through her bedroom door with what was supposed to be his school outfit, maybe? Scarlett couldn't tell.

"Lettie, what do you think?" Shawn asked with a large grin, spinning in a circle to show her the full outfit, "You like the feathers?"

Scarlett sent a look to Eric, "See what I deal with everyday." She pointed to Shawn, causing Eric to nod and whisper a quick 'yep'.