i. they say these are the golden years

when you're in middle school being popular was the most important thing, especially for bianca. getting invited to every party, hosting the biggest parties, having the reputation of being a player, being in a relationship with the most popular boy in seventh grade— well ex-relationship, that was all bianca archibald.

bianca's world revolved around the social hierarchy of the school. from the way she walked to the way she talked, everything she did was carefully curated to maintain her position at the top. she was often seen surrounded by a group of adoring friends who eagerly followed her lead. parties, sleepovers, and shopping sprees were frequent occurrences in her life.

however, it was the dynamics of relationships where bianca truly left her mark. her ex-relationship with the most popular boy in seventh grade, a whirlwind of pre-teen emotions, had been the talk of the school for weeks. and while the relationship might have been short lived— maybe a month or two months at best, yet everybody believed that andy and bianca would get back together and she believed it too.

"miss bianca you need to get up," dorota, her maid pulled the blinds open, making sunshine burst in the room.

dorota was like bianca's friend, she insisted on getting one after watching gossip girl and also made sure her name would be dorota just like blair waldorf's maid. the lady would do her homework when she didn't feel like it, go with her on her shopping trips that costed thousands of dollars, wash her clothes, fold her clothes— basically everything.

"five more minutes," bianca groaned, burying her face in her pillow as the woman shook her head at the young girl.

"no, no, your driver is waiting downstairs to bring you to school," dorota pointed her finger.

"fine." bianca sighed, removing the hair that was stuck on her face.

begrudgingly, bianca finally managed to peel herself out of bed. as she went about her morning routine, she glanced at herself in the mirror, her reflection a reminder of the carefully constructed persona she had cultivated. it was as if she wore a mask each day, one that represented the popular, confident girl everyone expected her to be.

she clipped in her diamond earrings, grabbed her designer backpack— that dorota had already packed and made her way downstairs. she was greeted by the sight of her mother in the living room, drinking wine in seven in the morning.

"isn't it a bit too early to be drinking?" bianca sneered, as her mother looked over at the girl.

"oh aren't you so pretty." sabrina gushed, setting the wine glass down and made her way over to her daughter. "gosh, you've grown up so fast."

"yeah well you and dad hadn't been her to see me grow up," bianca whispered under her breath so her mom wouldn't hear her.

her parents were really wealthy lawyers, they were barely here for most of her life— baby bianca used to call her babysitter mom because she genuinely thought that was her mom.

"have a good day alright i'll see you later," sabrina ran her fingers thru her daughter's dark hair.

"yeah." bianca spoke and rushed over to the front door, opening the cupboard that contained all of the shoes, she no surprise went for her university blue jordans.

" bianca spoke and rushed over to the front door, opening the cupboard that contained all of the shoes, she no surprise went for her university blue jordans