Hiding an Injury/Lying

(AN: Okay, so for those of you who may have been confused, Wattpad had a big of a glitch apparently and didn't publish the completed version. I didn't know until today, so hopefully this fixes it, and I'm sorry to all y'all who may have been a little lost as to what was going on!

Takes place after Homecoming, except Civil War never happened and *surprise* in this universe, Miles Morales is friends with Peter, Ned, and MJ, and also has spider powers. He and Peter do the "Stark Internship" together, and the only ones that know about their secret identities are the Avengers. Enjoy!)

"Who does this guy think he is?" Miles shouted as he and Peter ran across the wall of a skyscraper, dodging stun blasts.

"I don't know!" Peter shouted back. "He came out of nowhere!"

"Well, whatever problem he has, I'm sure it can't be worse than his fashion sense! Woah!" Miles cried, leaping over another shot.

Peter looked over his shoulder at the guy pursuing them. How was he keeping up so well? The large man cleared the spaces between buildings with ease, somehow still managing to fire shots at the two Spider-men ahead of him while doing so.

"Okay, time for Plan B!" Peter called. Miles nodded at him, and abruptly they split up and swung in different directions. Miles looked over his shoulder again to see the man hesitate for a split second before taking off after Peter. While the man ran he pulled a new weapon off his back and loaded it with something.

"Oh no you don't," Miles muttered, turning around and chasing after the maniac. The man didn't appear to see him coming, but right as Miles started to get close enough to attack, the man spun around and fired.

The shot headed straight for Miles, who quickly used his webs to angle himself so that it would go right past him. However, the moment he had done so, the shot exploded outward into a net with a very wide radius. Being in such an awkward position made it impossible for him to try and dodge again, and the net wrapped around him with ease.

"Spider-Man!" Miles screamed. He was too tangled up to shoot a web to save himself, which meant he was free-falling towards the streets of the city. He could see Peter trying to reach him, but he wasn't nearly close enough to catch Miles in time.

Suddenly, the net jerked tight around him and he slammed into the side of a nearby building before hanging there, helpless. The net had been attached to a tether the whole time, and when Miles looked up he could see the man standing on the ledge above him, slowly reeling him in like a spider would pull in its prey.

"This is painfully ironic," Miles muttered as he was dragged closer to the top of the building. Where was Peter? How come he hadn't swooped in to help yet?

Right as Miles started to worry that something had happened to Peter, the masked hero came from behind the man for an attack. He didn't make any noise, hoping to maintain the element of surprise, but somehow at the last second the man stepped to the side while simultaneously reaching a hand out and grabbing Peter by the neck.

Peter struggled to free himself from the man's grip, but with an incredible show of strength, the man slammed Peter down into the ground.

"NO!" Miles shouted as Peter went limp. The man smirked, his thick black mustache twitching slightly as he went back to pulling Miles up towards him.

After a surprisingly short amount of time, Miles was at the top, and it looked as though he was completely at the man's mercy. Miles tried to kick free of the net, but the man flipped his gun around and jabbed the handle into Miles' ribs.

A crackling sound rang through the air as electricity zapped into Miles, who after a second merely grabbed the gun and held it tightly so the man couldn't pull it away. The man's eyes widened as the electricity failed to incapacitate the teen, who was starting to glow.