One Book That Started Everything

Disclaimer: I did not invent these characters, they belong to J K Rowling as I would never have thought of them. Enjoy! :)

Hermione often came to the library to read. It was the only place she could go without Harry and Ron following her. She loved them both dearly, but it was hard to concentrate on her book when they were around.

Since she was a muggleborn, Hermione grew up reading muggle books and one of her favourites had always been Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. That's what she was reading on this particular day.

Hermione was very into her book, completely lost in the world Jane Austen had created when a familiar voice came from behind her.

"What on earth are you reading, Granger?" the voice asked.

"What do you want, Draco?" Hermione sighed.

"To know what book you're reading."

"Pride and Prejudice."

"What the hell is that?"

"It's a muggle book. One of the most classic muggle books, actually."

"Hm."

Hermione was so surprised by Draco's behaviour that she began to laugh.

"What?" he cried.

"You're not going to ridicule me for reading a muggle book?"

"No."

"Wow."

"Can I have a look at that?" Draco gestured to the book.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because it's very special to me and I don't trust you."

"I just want to read the blurb!"

"No!"

"It's not as if I'm going to tear it apart! Just let me see!"

Draco grabbed the book and tried to pull it from Hermione's grip, but she refused to let go.

"Draco!...It's mine!...You're gonna break it!" she cried through the struggle.

"There wouldn't be any chance of me breaking it if you would just LET GO!"

Draco pulled hard, dragging Hermione towards towards him. Then he turned around, bringing her with him and pushed her up against the bookshelf.

"Give me the book." Draco ordered. Hermione knew that there was no way to escape him, so she gave in and handed him the book.

Draco smiled and took the book from her. But instead of reading the blurb, he looked at the girl, and Hermione noticed his eyes become soft.

He put the book down on a nearby table, still keeping eye contact with her. He then put a hand on her cheek and kissed her softly on the lips.

At first, Hermione was in shock. She didn't know how to react. But eventually, she snapped out of her trance and kissed Draco back.

When he pulled away, he had a grin spread across his face.

"Now will you let me read it?" he asked. Hermione nodded slightly, still in shock and Draco laughed. He kissed her once more before turning and picking up the book again.