𝟮 - 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗶 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲

after awhile of talking to the lionesses, i got increasingly more bored and less got increasingly more drunk, so when jude called us over, i felt a wave of relief wash over me. "hey dan, come over here." he said, i nodded as i stood up, and grabbed alessia and leaned her on my shoulder so she could walk toward jude and whoever he was with. she was that drunk. when we finally made our way over to jude, alessia nearly knocked him over with the force she fell on him. "that bad?" jude asked me, "that bad." i replied nodding slowly.

"alright, anyway, dani, i'd like you to meet some of the england team, this is phil, jack, bukayo, declan, trent and mason. guys, this is alessia's younger sister danielle." he finishes, i smile at them all warmly, "oh please call me dani. it's so nice to finally meet you all." i say, they all reply some form of "nice to meet you too", after about five minutes of talking to them alessia thinks she's gonna throw up so we make our way to the toilets and i spend the next half an hour, hold her hair and rubbing her back.

once she feels better, we finally emerge from the bathroom and less makes a beeline to the bar and i feel like low-key breaking down. i don't know how much longer i can deal with drunk alessia. i chuckle to myself though as i see her flirting with the barman and remind myself that she deserves this and i'm really proud of her. a couple more drinks later, toby and jude come and find us again and lessie runs over to them both and starts to tell jude how much she loves him. "judeyyyyyy, judaaaas, judeeeeeeeee. i literally love you so so much, like so soooooooo much." she practically shouted. me, jude and toby were all pissing ourselves.

we talked for a little while until the boys told me they were gonna go home. "okay, we'll come with you, if that's alright?" i reply, a little disheartened because i spent my night looking after alessia, "hey, we can take lessie home if you'd like? i know you'd probably like a drink or two?" toby said, "are you sure?" i asked, i didn't want to dump alessia on them because as much as i love her, i know she's not the easiest person to deal with when she's drunk. "yea, of course. just let me get a picture with my sis first?" jude said, "go on then" i said and took the phone, "send it to me, yea?" i asked, "sure." he replied, and they left, leaving me to get drunk but also be on my own. i got myself a drink and scanned the crowd for someone i knew, then i got a notification on my phone.

@judebellingham added to their story

aww, i thought and i was about to reply and add it to my story when i felt a tap on my shoulder

aww, i thought and i was about to reply and add it to my story when i felt a tap on my shoulder. i turned around and it was mason, one of the boys jude and toby had introduced me to earlier. "hey, it's mason right?" i said, "yea, mason mount" he said as he held his hand out for me to shake, i chuckled before i took it, "well hello mason mount, danielle russo" i replied, he laughed too. "wanna go for a walk? get some fresh air?" he asked, "yea, sounds nice" i said and took his hand.

we walked around the block for awhile and i got to know mason. it was really nice. he was 24, from portsmouth and was on the england mens team with jude. after a while of walking, we went back inside and got a drink. we sat at the bar and spoke for a little bit longer until he got a call from someone. so he went outside to take it and i found georgia. she was another of my close friends considering i'd grown up around alessia's team mates, they were my friends too.

we spoke about everything and just had a good catch-up, it had been so long since we'd had a chat, so we spoke for at least half an hour. then me, georgia and some of the other girls got up to dance. the dj was playing spice girls, justin bieber and even backstreet boys. my throat was starting to hurt and i needed the toilet so i went to the loo and got myself another drink. while i was waiting for my drink i got a text.

hermano 🫶🏼

hey dan, hope you're having fun, call me if you need anything, I'll get mum or jobe to pick you up x

thanks j, i appreciate it. how was less? x

she was absolutely pissed but fine. when she got home she fell straight asleep, don't worry x

okay, thank you, I'll give you a text in the morning x

have a good night dan x

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i grabbed my drink and went back to dancing. a couple songs later, ed sheeran's thinking out loud came on and someone tapped me on the shoulder. i turned around to see mason again, "can i have this dance?" he asked me, "yes, you may" i said and took his hand as he lead me to middle of the dance floor. as i turned around i saw g, chloe, esme and lucy all giving me thumbs up and giggling at me.

i wrapped my arms around his neck and he did the same around my waist, i got butterflies. i've only known mason for like 3 hours, there is no way i like him already, is there? "you look so beautiful dani" he whispered in my ear, "you don't scrub up badly yourself" i whispered back. he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and looked into my eyes. before i knew it, he was leaning in and so was i.

he kissed me passionately but it was short and sweet. "hey wanna go back to my apartment?" he asked me, "i thought you'd never ask, let me get a drink first though" i replied as i took his hand and lead him to the bar. i got myself a margarita for the drive back but we also got some shots which we took immediately. i was already atleast 6 drinks in so shots probably weren't the best idea but what's done is done.

in the uber, we were just making conversation when mason looked over at me and kissed me. we broke apart a couple of seconds later, looked at eachother and i joined our lips again until we were making out in the back of our uber. when we got inside, we didn't stop. one by one, pieces of our clothing came off and we ended up in bed together, doing 'adult' things.

when i woke up the next morning, mason had left me a note telling me that he had to go to training but he had left me his number. i got myself ready and ordered another uber but as i was about to leave, i saw the condom wrapper on his bedside table. the expiry date was 03/21 and it was august 31st 2023, surely it'll be fine right?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

word count - 1223