Party's Passing

Slipping back into the party was no easy task. The combined stress of the triangle on your chest and nearly being raped had taken a toll. But Bill seemed to make it a personal mission to get you to lighten up once more. He did his best to show you a genuine good time, which was difficult enough in itself when there were drunken people everywhere.

    A disk jockey was brought in to liven things up a bit. Neither you nor Bill were pop-lovers, but you had to admit that the guy did have skill. He seemed to make everyone else excited, which was good. At this stage everyone was easily roused, but that was of no matter. They were happy nonetheless.

    At some point an arm-wrestling tournament was started. Although it was a bit weird, it was better than those other childish party games taking place, like spin the bottle. You didn't participate, content to watch Bill kick everyone's ass.

   He didn't appear to be the strongest guy, which was why his success was so off-putting. In fact, he looked a bit spindly and way too lanky for such a competition. His intoxicated enemies were completely unaware of his true strength until they were beaten without mercy. Even though he was defeating the other guys as easily as pushing dominos, you knew that he was taking it easy on them. He was much, much stronger than he was letting on. He'd precisely snapped a guy's neck only a few minutes ago. You watched as he won over yet another unfortunate soul, grinning in an almost predatory manner.

    Bill made it all the way to the final round, where he was pitched against a football star. He pretended to struggle against the much larger man, but lost after much effort. You could tell that he had let the other guy win, but that was alright. Cheers erupted for the other guy, and Bill shook his hand in good nature.

    As it turned out, arm wrestling wasn't the only thing Bill was adept at.

   Another intense game was underway on the other side of the house, and Bill rushed to join it. You laughed quietly, observing as he merrily took his place in front of the tv. Three other competitors stood to his right - one boy and two girls. They waited as the crowd behind them selected a song, and began the match.

    Bill did as the title of the game insinuated, and danced. But damn, he could dance like a god. His on-screen character was a woman in a very suggestive outfit consisting of daisy dukes, a flimsy excuse for a shirt, and knee-length boots. The game had him pull all kinds of risky moves in choreography to Bang Bang, and the crowd loved it. Every move was perfect, and he mirrored his character down to the second. It was almost as if he knew what was coming before it even hit the screen.

     He won the game by nailing the ending pose with his arms straight up and one hip lowered. The score was swiftly tallied to reveal Bill as the lone victor. Bill laughed in an almost gleeful manner, and held one hand out towards you. "A victory dance?" He asked with a joyful smirk upon his face.

     You were hesitant, afraid of embarrassing yourself in front of everyone there. But everyone else was too hammered to remember much of what was going on anyway, so it wouldn't hurt to join him. You nodded, taking his hand and stepping in front of the tv.

     Bill chose the song, and before you knew it the two of you were dancing to The Time of My Life. It was much simpler than the song Bill had owned, and you were able to get the hang of it with relative ease. Bill assisted by guiding you through it, and you discovered that it really was a lot of fun. There was an extra move at the end of the song that wasn't required, but Bill insisted upon pulling it anyway. He scooped you up off the ground and held you above his head for what seemed like an eternity. Then, after the last of the music had faded, he dropped you. However, he had no intention of letting you hit the ground just yet. He quickly caught you back in his arms, holding you bridal style as he laid his lips on yours.

     It was the first time he'd actually kissed you, and it was a pretty powerful experience. The crowd ate it up, and a chorus of claps, cheers, and cat calls ensued. It was a quick gesture, and he laid you back on your feet once more.

     The triangle on your collar had turned pleasantly warm.

A/N: Here we have a change of POV, and a mid-chapter Author's Note. I'd like to apologize for not updating sooner, but I've been busy. I may or may not have to go on a few weeks of hiatus. Anyway, here's a link to what would be on screen during both Just Dance games.

Exhibit A)  Bill's character is the one on the far left.  

youtube.com/watch?v=KKa0OM5Wh60

Exhibit B)  Just pretend that these are in the same game, okay?

youtube.com/watch?v=I7FCRuGbgkQ

I love how Quotev is literally the only place in which I can (kind of) get away with inserting a mid-chapter note. Let's get back to the story, though.

     The rest of the night passed in due time. The party ended when the campus police came and busted them on a noise complaint. Bill quickly escorted (y/n) home, which was rather easy considering that they were practically the only two not completely drunk off their ass. He smiled at her beneath the faint light of a street lamp, and spoke with his usual tact. "Well, that was certainly some shindig, wasn't it?"

     (y/n) nodded, clearly exhausted from the energy the social gathering had required. Keeping up with everything had taken a toll, and the late hour certainly didn't help. Or early, if you were one of those kinds of people. (y/n) was clearly tired, and her eyelids were becoming difficult to hold up. Bill thought that she deserved a break.

     "I'll see you soon, my dear." Bill said as he ushered her up the stairs of the girls' dorm building. He kissed her forehead, and parted ways with a gentle 'goodnight'. He turned and headed back to his own home, never looking back to (y/n).

     She wasn't the only one affected by the night's passing. The sudden development of multiple and more profound emotions had disturbed Bill deeply, and it had taken a lot of work to keep up his act. He was rather frustrated by the time he stormed into his room. He was so angry that he ended up throwing Ruben's phone across the room, and shattering the screen.

     He was starting to care for (y/n). He didn't know why, and he didn't know how. The combination of this body and the third dimension were changing him, and he didn't like it. He no longer wanted to hurt her, and that ruined his whole plan. It felt nice being around her, and he couldn't stand it.

     Bill would have tried to distract himself, but that was of no use. His inability to stop thinking about her at the carnival earlier today was enough proof of that. He was struck down by love, and he couldn't seem to lick his wounds.

     Bill clutched his head and doubled over, holding in a scream. Here he was with a much labored-over master plan, and it was all going to pieces. What's worse was that he was the one making it all go to hell. He threw himself on the ground, punching the floor. He did this action multiple times, finding a physical outlet for the pent-up rage he held inside. The release was beneficial even if it did startle the poor chap living beneath him.

     Then another realization dawned on Bill. Here he was, an astral being older than time itself. And he was reduced to throwing a temper tantrum like a little kid. He collapsed, rolling onto his back and staring at the ceiling. What had he come to? What had made such a huge problem?

     It was this body. If he weren't the presence of a human, he wouldn't be having this problem.

     But there was a solution to that. Bill grinned to himself as he changed into pajamas and slipped into bed. If he could just leave this human body and dimension, he could go to the Mindscape and meet (y/n) in her sleep. Then he could not only enjoy her pain, but find the resolve to drop her right then and there. Sure, it would be a dream, but logic was thrown to the wind when humans were dreaming. They hardly ever became lucid, and it was sure enough for Bill to bet upon it. Sure, (y/n) would realize that it was a dream once she woke up, but it would still rattle her. Then, after doing it in his original form, Bill would have the strength to scathe (y/n) in real life as well. Double the pain, double the fun.

     Bill fell asleep with a smile on his face.