Once the Bell Has Rung, Class Has Begun

A/N: What's up, otgw reference. I threw in some physics and cosmology theories, which are very much real, don't freak out - I didn't just make up random shit and add 'theory' behind them. Possible trigger warnings, don't take any of this too seriously or anything. Make good choices, stay in school, don't do drugs, don't drop the soap. It's just a fanfic, for god's sake.

    Bill walked down the hallway at an expeditious pace, his heels clacking sharply upon meeting the floor. The sound echoed down the empty hallway ominously. Classes were still in session, and the corridors were devoid of life. Bill didn't bother to look at the rooms he passed; he knew exactly where he wanted to go. A pleasant hum remained in the back of his head as his brain continued its adjustment. Neurons were connecting at a slower pace now, which signified that it was nearly finished. Bill could already think more clearly in the absence of Ruben's impulsive nature. College kids were the strangest creatures; caught in the late stages of or even post-puberty. They were essentially teenagers just left to their own devices.

    Perhaps that was why they were so dull. He was expecting some exciting back-and-forth with the book club – seeing as how they seemed studious enough to actually read – but they were still too slow for Bill's rapid pace. He needed to talk to a real scholar; someone who actually knew what they were talking about.

     Bill walked into the large classroom without hesitation. The professor was in the middle of a lecture on a boring and useless topic. What Bill had to say was exceedingly more significant. He walked to the front of the room and leaned against the podium. "Hey there, Professor! You should sit down and relax. Take it easy! I've got this!"

     The professor – Benjamin was his name – turned to look at Bill with a bewildered expression. "Wha-"

     "Sit down at your nearest convenience. Or stand, I don't really don't care." Bill said flatly, "Just shut up and listen to what I have to say."

     Once the man was sufficiently shocked into silence, Bill looked at the crowd of students. There weren't many people enrolled in this philosophy class. Most were here to fulfill credit of some sort, because there were no jobs in philosophy aside from being a professor teaching philosophy. It was the most useless degree one could earn, yet it was so important.

     "So, philosophy students. You guys are the critical thinkers of the school. You're supposed to ask the big questions and consider the impossible, right? Well, I've a proposal for you!" Bill straightened up and folded his hands atop the podium, "How much was your tuition? Thirty, forty thousand dollars? You're going to get a bit more than what you paid for today, so feel free to take notes."

     "This is my classroom-" The professor spoke up, but Bill quickly silenced him with a sharp glare.

     "Now, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted..." Bill slowly turned his gaze back to the students, "You're all a bunch of hypocrites. I'm sure you know that thoughts run the world. You wouldn't have signed up for this class if you underestimated the power of thinking. But every human on this planet is lying to themselves, and you're supposed to be the ticket out of that type of thinking. Supposed to be. Don't think too highly of yourselves; none of you deserve that title."

    Bill had offended a few people, including the professor. Unfortunately, offense wasn't enough. He could feel the overall confusion of the class, and he fed off of it. Knowing that he was able to puzzle them only spurred him on. "You call yourself scholars, yet you live in willful ignorance. You only decide to believe what's most convenient for you. Sure, you may consider the less pleasant possibilities of life and death, but none of you truly believe them, do you? None of you here can accept the truth; your puny minds can't handle it."