~a habit of finding dead things~

Começar do início

The brown eyed eighteen year old was stumped, nodding slowly as she stared at the platinum blonde, just... in another world.

"And I also know, that you've found someone that means a great deal to me."

An enormous wave of possessiveness hit Bella like a punch to the gut, but she jammed it right down with the knife jab of hostility and the harsh slap of insecurity, right down, hiding it away so the eyed girl couldn't see it.

...Hopefully.

"Rykar? How do you know him?"

A soft smile now caressed Tulay's otherworldly face, "A few centuries ago, before he missing, he saved my life."

The younger Swan pressed her lips together and swallowed before she asked, her voice breathless, "How old are you? You aren't a-"

"Nah, I'm not of those Cold Ones. And I'm certainly not as old as Rykar," Tulay snickered, before coughing 'old fart' into her hand,  "Nah, Mathair, I just celebrated my 604th birthday... almost lit the house on fire with that many candles."

Bella's grin matched the blonde's before the brunette flopped back on her bed, a breath slowly escaping her mouth, "Holy shit..." she mumbled, quietly.

"Not a thing holy about us, Mathair."

"Why do you keep calling me that?"

The older of the two, by fucking centuries, shrugged with a mischievous smirk, "You'll find out soon enough... Mathair."

The brunette growled through her gritted teeth, before continuing on with her line of questioning. Bella rolled back over onto her side so she was facing the other girl, "How did Rykar save your life?"

Tulay uncrossed her legs and seemed to curl into herself, she scratched her right temple with her peculiar nails before sighing. "I made the mistake of being in Salem during the witch trials. They didn't like how I acted and looked or the fact that I'd unintentionally predict someone's death date."

Bella sat up with a look of panic on her face, alarm bells ringing in her head.

"I was tied to a lovely pyre and set ablaze. I begged to be saved, pleaded for mercy, screamed for it to just be over..."

"And then...?" the Swan's voice was so soft, it was barely a whisper.

"He stepped out from the fire. It was almost like an explosion actually. This big, black, frightening beast that had jumped from the flames, terrifying those stupid Puritans," the blonde then smirked as eyes clouded over with past, "He saved my life and he took me in."

Now smiling, the brunette moved closer to hold her newest guest's hand.

"He raised me, even though I was already two hundred something years old. Sorta immature for my kind, really. Then not even a decade later, he just up and vanishes. And you then find him," the platinum blonde grinned.

Bella felt her face turn bright red, so she hid behind her hair, also feeling ashamed for the sudden sense of relief. And that confused her even more, "Ry was chained to a wall in an underground cave."

Tulay quirked an eyebrow at the nickname, amused, then looked to the floor, "I hate myself for not being able to find him," She glanced up to smile again at the brunette, "But I'm ever so grateful that he has been. Especially by you."

The Swan frowned, her heart shaped face covered with bewilderment, "What do you mean?"

Taking another cigarette from a metal, decorative container and lighting up, the blonde smirked one more time, she seemed to be doing that a lot, "How 'bout we go on down the Reservation, Mathair," she gestured to Bella with her cigarette, "You'll find your answers there."

She took a drag and breathed the smoke out from her nose as her eyes sparkled with trouble.

:3

All that could be heard in the house that the Cullen Coven had taken residence in, was Edward's voice.

Sorry.

His screeching.

"Alice!! What was that thing?! Who-"

He took a step closer to the pixie sized vampire but Jasper was on his feet in less than a second with his teeth bared. The Texan growled deeply, at the soon to be dead if he wasn't careful, bronze haired Cullen, "You watch your tone, boy, or you and I are gonna have a problem."

The dirty blond's thick accent weighed heavily as the threat hung in the air.

Emmett stood from the couch, fully expecting a fight to break out with the suffocating tension in the living room. Rosalie, however, held a frown on her otherwise picturesque face, before tossing up her hands, "Can someone please tell me just what the hell is happening here?!"

The bulkiest, 'AND THE STRONGEST!!' of the Cullens had the most confused look on his face, as he crossed his huge arm, Golden eyes darting between his two brothers, "Yeah, you three were fine, out hunting and now... Eddie's lost his marbles, Ally looks like she's about to cry and Jazz... well, he's about ready to rip Eddie's head off..."

Carlisle, who had been just watching the entire situation, unsure of how to intervene, leaving a worried Esme's side to kneel in front of the near catatonic seer, "What did you see, dear?"

The small Cold One met her 'father's' gaze, clenching and unclenching her hands. Her teary eyes and trembling lips made the Cullen Patriarch even more worried than he already was when three of them had come home in such a rush.

"I'm not sure what to make of it..." Alice whispered, even though they could all hear her perfectly, "...there was this big black wolf like creature. Not like one of the Quiluete wolves, it was so much bigger and so different. But then it was gone and instead, there was a huge man, a human like version of the wolf, flickering over him like shadows. His eyes were bright orange and red like hot flames. The last part was him, looking somewhat normal, holding Bella closely, placing her down on this stone altar... and just... the whole time... everything was on fire!"

Through her entire recollection of her distressing vision, Carlisle's eyes continued to widen as he slowly started to realise just what kind of being his poor daughter was talking about.

He fell back onto the carpet, now distraught and filled with both disbelief and fear. The eldest Cullen searched rapidly through his mind, separately trying to think of anything. But there was nothing... His murmur provoked all attention to centre on him, "It's impossible..."

"What's impossible, honey?" Esme carefully sat down on the floor next to her mate, placing one on his arm and the other on his cheek.

"The Volturi said they were all gone..." His voice was still barely audible.

"Who's supposedly all gone?" Rosalie asked, her eyebrows raised with curiosity.

The old vampire sucked in a deep, but stuttered breath, "Hellhounds."