"What? I never did that! Who even told you something like that?" Ellie asked, confused.

"Kira did," Briana narrowed her eyes.

"Wow," Ellie scoffed. "So she's been out and about getting people out of my life since we were kids."

"Look, Els," Briana started, using the childhood name she had used. "I'm sorry for being a bitch to you," she said sincerely. "I guess that I was just annoyed over the fact that you wouldn't apologize and that you had a better life than I could ever dream of. You had amazing friends, a boyfriend and an amazing, caring family. I had none of those," she whispered.

"What do you mean you have none of those?" Ellie asked, feeling sad for Briana as she had never seen this side to her since they stopped talking. "You do have an amazing family, Bri, and friends too."

"No, I don't," Briana said with tears in her eyes. "I found my dad cheating on my mum and things were horrible at home for months. All I wanted was a friend to talk to, but since I was horrible to everyone I knew that wasn't possible. The people I'm friends with are shallow people who only care about who hooked up with who," she looked down and sniffed, reaching up to wipe at her eyes. "I've made a lot of mistakes, Els. I regret them, I really do. And I'm sorry for being horrible to you."

Ellie reached forward and hugged her tightly. "It's okay, Bri," she sighed as she rubbed Briana's back. "I'm sorry for what happened with your parents."

Briana hugged her back tighter and cried. Luke poked in his head thinking Ellie was crying and was shocked with what was happening in front of him. He sent a questioning glance towards Ellie who shook her head and he nodded before going away.

"Its okay, Bri. Everything will be fine," Ellie said soothingly.

Briana let go and moved back to rub her eyes. "Thank god I decided not to wear makeup today or I would've looked like Godzilla," she laughed making Ellie laugh along.

She looked at Ellie and smiled who smiled back. "I really am sorry about what happened with Kira and Michael. They're horrible people to do that to you. Kira was some best friend. And are you okay now? After the accident?"

"I've moved on from those two," Ellie shrugged. "And yeah, I'm pretty good now," She smiled widely. "Apparently I have to go for therapy but," she shrugged.

"Oh!" Briana exclaimed. "I seriously doubt therapy is your thing," she laughed.

"Exactly! Not my thing at all," Ellie chuckled. "It's supposed to help but I just don't know," she shrugged.

"Are you going to prom?" Briana asked.

"Yeah," Ellie nodded. "Are you?"

"Of course! It's prom! Plus, I'm part of the organizing committee," Briana said. "And you're going with Luke, eh?" She asked with a smirk.

"Yes," Ellie poked her tongue out to hide her growing smile. "Who are you going with?"

"Adam," Briana said, her eyes sparkling. "I've had a crush on him since the sixth grade when he was the new mysterious boy."

"He is pretty cute!" Ellie said approvingly.

Briana laughed. She was glad to have her friend back even if it was after ten years. It felt as if no time had passed and they were still those kids who used to play with dolls and watch power rangers.

"Well," Briana said as she stood up. "I'll be heading home now. Maybe we could go prom dress shopping later? If you haven't already bought one."

"I would love that," Ellie nodded as she smiled, standing up as well.