"Aaaagh!"

Ilya groaned as he continued to pull harder, but it was no use. The door was sealed, and no one but the beast could open it.

The harsh reality crept into Ilya's mind. This place was like a maze. The only exit was a dead end. Beast was playing a sick cruel game with him, demanding him to run knowing fairly well that there was nowhere to escape.

Ilya realized that the only way to get out of here was in the belly of the beast.

"Fuck!" he cursed and kicked the door.

His breathing got faster. Audible raspy breaths cut through his throat. Ilya gulped and clutched his head as if it was about to explode. The heat in his anxious brain was painful. Soon, his breaths turned into loud exhales. Tears hung on his long curved eyelashes.

"Fuck, fuck, fuuuck!"

He screamed at the top of his lungs, leaning forward. Veins bulged visibly across his neck. When he let it all out, tears escaped from under his thick lashes and streamed down his flushed cheeks. He took a deep inhale, breaking it out in short bursts. Fingers intertwined with fluffy chocolate strands, pulling at his hair as his legs gave up and sent him kneeling.

"Peekaboo," Beast singsonged in a throaty voice. "I see you."

That monstrous voice made the hair on the nape of Ilya's neck stand. He felt the Beast's strong ominous presence. The air around him became thicker and harder to breathe in. 

Trembling, Ilya wiped his tears and hesitantly turned his head to check behind him.

There he was down the hall, the big bad wolf standing on the paws of two furry feet.

Beast's posture was hunched to fit his giant frame into these cramped hallways. His pants were ripped along the legs, showing the werewolf's natural brown fur. A thick mane coated his neck all the way to his pointy ears. Saliva dripped from his gaping maw. The corners of his lips pulled into an exaggerated creepy smile. Claws so tall they grew out of his fingers from his long muscular hands and arms, screeching along the tiles.

Ilya fell on his back and gasped once he saw Beast slowly moving towards him. He quickly crawled backward away from him. Struck by fear, his legs weren't strong enough to carry him.

Suddenly, Beast got on all four and started running.

Ilya's eyes widened. Adrenaline surged through his veins and pushed him up to his feet. Ilya bolted out of Beast's sight and into a dim corridor. He heard the scraping of Beast's claws, running behind him.

Ilya pushed himself beyond his limits. Upper body excessively leaned forward. Fisted hands swayed front and back. Feet almost didn't touch the floors but flew over them with wide lunges. Ilya never ran so fast in his life.

When Ilya reached a round hall, he couldn't hear Beast coming. It was about time too. Ilya couldn't run anymore.

Looking back, Ilya made sure Beast wasn't right behind him before slowing down.

He stopped to catch his breath, leaning on his knees. He swallowed between his raspy breaths. His throat felt dry. Legs were shaking. Beads of sweat spread on his forehead. Damp strands of hair clung to the sides of his face.

He raised his head to check the new area. It had a round marble counter. Behind it were desks with computers. This place was a nurses' station.

"Awoooooooooo!"

Ilya flinched and looked over his shoulder, drawing his arms to his chest when he heard Beast's howl. His whole body shook as if he was struck by lightning.

He's close, Ilya thought, but he didn't have the energy to run. I better hide.

He remembered the desks and thought maybe he could hide under one of those. He jumped over the counter, and once his shoes touched the floor he slipped and fell on his back.

Ilya groaned, then opened his eyes. He winced and moved his hand to rub his achy head, but something felt wet and sticky. His hand moved along a thick liquid with mushy lumps on the floor. The back of his jacket was soaked.

Ilya propped himself on his elbows and tried to see what kind of liquid he slipped on, but it was too dark to tell.

Then the lights flickered and the shock drained the color from Ilya's face.

He landed on a pool of crimson fluid—Blood!

Ugh! Beast is so cruel!

I hate to say this, guys, but I don't think our boy's gonna make it 😢

❣️IF YOU LIKED IT, PLEASE VOTE & COMMENT ❣️