3 | Perfect

[please don't forget to vote. thank you so much for the support]

➵ ➵

"If you like to do whatever you've been dreaming about, then, baby, you're perfect"

~ Perfect (Made in the A.M.)

Rose | Greyson

After a morning of banter and a momentary seriousness where Grey and I talked about what I did for a living, we went our separate ways, I to work and he to take a quick nap. After work, I went out with some of my girlfriends for an early dinner and contemplated if I should bring up Greyson as they gossiped about some of the guys they worked with. For the first time, I wasn't listening to them. I wanted to message Greyson and see how his day was. But I couldn't and I wouldn't allow myself to, especially when I'm surrounded by people who are closest to me. So I pushed him to the back of my mind and forced myself to participate in the tangent conversation the girls were having.

When I finally got home, it was nine thirty and I was beyond tired. I felt like I could sleep standing up if I had to. I changed clothes quickly and fed Klein before plopping down on the couch with a store-bought sandwich and a cold water bottle. I took quite a large bite of the sandwich and grabbed my phone.

There was a text from Greyson from three hours ago.

How was your day?

I couldn't help the giddy grin that split my lips.

It was okayish. You?

He took a bit longer to respond. I was through almost all of my sandwich when he responded.

It wa ay

I stared at the text with caution.

Are you okay?

Yeah, sorry. Your text woke me up and I guess I was still half asleep when I texted you back. I meant to say that my day was okay, too.

Oh no. Go back to sleep. I'm sorry I woke you.

It's alright. I was wondering where you were.

Were you?

Yeah. How was work?

A royal pain. Clients are so needy.

That is why they're clients, you know.

Stop being a smart ass.

I'm only kidding. You're very spicy, aren't you?

Sorry. My body's out of caffeine and I'm tired.

You should sleep, Rose. It's unhealthy to fight off sleep for too long.

No, I wanna talk to you.

Wait. I blinked at the text I'd just sent. I read it, reread it and reread it again. Did I just-oh my God, I'm going to ground myself. Who says that to a freaking stranger?

So do I.

And how was your day?

Other than a small speed bump, it was alright.

I should've ignored it, but my fingers disagreed.

A speed bump?

Yeah