CHAPTER ELEVEN: the final battle.

Kate heard some noise and Max did too

Kate heard some noise and Max did too. Max looked up and tugged on Kate's hand to show her, what she saw. "Mike." Kate whispered. He looked up. "Nancy!" He shouted as the Mind Flayer broke through the ceiling. Mike, El, Max and Kate hid behind a stall and the rest of the group hid behind the car. "Griswold Family, this is Scoops Troop. Do you copy? Over! Griswold Family, I repeat, this is Scoops Troop. Do you copy?  Griswold Family, do you copy? Do you copy?! Griswold Family, this is Scoops Troop. Please confirm your safety! Griswold Family, this is Scoops Troop. Please confirm your safety! Are you en route to Bald Eagle's nest? Please confirm your safety! Someone, please just answer. Is anyone there? Just answer! Anyone, please... Griswold Family, do you copy? Griswold Family, do you copy? Griswold Family, do you copy? Do you copy?!" Dustin spoke through the walkie, until the Mind Flayer roared in it and threw it aside. 

"It's turned away. If we go up the stairs now, we'll make it." Mike turned to Kate and Max. "No way, not with El's leg." Kate shook her head as a tear escaped her eye. "We have to try." He demanded. "There's another way... to get out. Through the Gap." Mike nodded and looked at the Mind Flayer. "Okay. Now." They ran in the Gap, but El knocked something down and the Mind Flayer turned to them. 

His tentacles sneaked through the Gap. They were exremtly quiet, until two mannequins fell in front of them. One with El's outfit, the other with Kate's outfit. Suddenlly, a balloon popped and the Mind Flayer turned away from them. The started running. They got out of the mall. Max opened the gate, but they saw Billy walking towards them. They turned back and ran back into the mall and Max closed the gate. 

"In here. In here. Okay. Come on, come on, come on..." Mike said as he pressed a button on the elevator. They were waiting for the elevator doors to open and Max walked to the hallway. "Billy. Billy, you don't have to do this. Billy. Your name's Billy, Billy Hargrove. You live on 4819 Cherry Lane. Billy, please, I'm Max, I'm your..." Billy knocked her out. "No!" Kate yelled and Mike run to Billy. He slammed him against a wall and knocked him out. El tried to use her powers, but he was quicker and knocked her out. 

Kate stood there, frozen. Billy had an evil grin on his face as he saw the girl paralyzed. Kate realized what's going on and Billy started to walk towards her. She put her hand in front of her and threw his into a wall. He chuckled, dryly. He grabbed her leg and threw her on the floor. Kate pushed him off of her, but he didn't give up. He grabbed her shoulders and kept slamming her head againts the floor, until he knocked her out. 

Kate's eyes fluttered open. Her vision was blurry. She looked next to her to see Billy put El on the floor. She whimpered. Billy saw her awake and walked over to her. "Don't be afraid. It'll be over soon. Just try and stay... very still." She whimpered and tried to crawl away, but he grabbed her leg and didn't let her. 

She felt hopeless, until she heard Lucas' voice. "Flay this, you ugly piece of shit!" She looked next to her, to see El's eyes opening. The fireworks hurt Billy and Kate noticed. "Run!" She told El, who shook her head. "I'll be right behind you, just run!" El finally nodded and Kate pushed Billy, so he wouldn't notice El's dissapereance. 

He towered her and Kate didn't know what to do. Until it hit her. His memories. "You told her... the wave was seven feet." He looked at her, confused. "You ran to her, on the beach. There were seagulls. She wore a hat... With a blue ribbon. A long dress... with a blue and red flower. Yell... Yellow sandals, covered in sand. She was pretty. She was really pretty. And you... you were happy." Billy softly nodded as tears escaped his eyes. 

He stood up and looked at the Mind Flayer and caught the tentacle, that went for Kate. "No!" Kate yelled, when she understood, what he was doing. She got up and took the tentacle out of his grasp with her powers. She screamed as she began hurting the Mind Flayer. 

But suddenlly, the Mind Flayer dropped dead. Kate looked beside her and saw that the Mind Flayer still got Billy. "Billy!" She heard a familiar scream. "No! Billy, it's gonna be okay. We're gonna get  you help, okay? Just hold on."

Max walked over to them. "Billy? Billy. Billy, Billy, get up, please. Billy, get up, please, please." She shook his shoulders, but Kate knew, there was nothing that could save him. "I'm sorry." He whispered. "Billy... Billy. Billy. Billy, wake up. Billy, get up. Please, Billy... Billy! Billy... Billy..." She kept shaking him, until she fell into Kate's arms. "It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay." Kate knew it wasn't okay, but she had to calm the girl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After everything Max, Robin and Kate sat in an ambulance as they treated their wounds. Kate still waited for Hopper, but they still haven't come. 

After a while of waiting, she saw Joyce and ran out of the ambulance to look for Hopper, El doing the same. Kate couldn't see him, so she looked at Joyce, who shook her head. He's gone. Kate's eyes watered as her knees buckled. El understood too. Mike and Max ran to them and comforted their lover.