CHAPTER TWO: Hawkins, Indiana.

"Go, go, go! Shit! Come on

"Go, go, go! Shit! Come on. Get in!" Axel shouted and they did so. "If you wanted to show mercy, that is your choice. But don't you ever take away mine. Ever. Do you understand? Do you understand?" Kali scolded Jane and they drove back home.

Kate heard Jane scream and immediately ran to her. "What's going on?" She saw Kali and Jane on a bed. "This isn't a prison, Jane. You're always free to return to your policeman. Or stay, and avenge your mother. Let us heal our wounds together. This is your new home." Kate walked back to her room, to continue on her poem. 

The brunette was finishing her poem, until she heard a loud bang. "They found us!" Kali ran into her room and Kate's breath hitched. She put the poem and her pen in her back pocket and ran after Kali. "Jane, come on!" They ran into Jane's room. 

They ran into the van and everyone was screaming and shouting something. "Jane, get in." Kate patted the place next to her. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, but I have to go back. My friends... My friends are in danger." She cried. "This isn't time for a talk. We got to go right now!"

"Your mother sent you here for a reason, remember?" Kali said and Kate looked down. "Yeah, for me." She said as she started to climb out of the van. "Kate, get back in.  There's nothing for you back there. They cannot save you, Jane."

"No. But I can save them. We can save them." Jane took Kate's hand. "I'm sorry." Kate said and Jane tugged her hand as they started running, the group still shouting their names.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You all right, girls? You were looking a little forlorn there. You two are awfully young to be traveling alone, aren't you? Well, you both are quite the chatterbox. So, where are you headed? To your parents, I hope?" Jane looked at her. "We're going to my friends. We're going home."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They got to Hawkins, Indiana and Jane lead Kate to a house. "Is this it?" Kate turned to the girl, who nodded. They both hear some rustling in the bushes and Kate tried to look what's in it. Then a demogorgon ran at them and Kate caught it with her powers, snapped it's neck and threw it in the window. "Oops." 

Jane tugged on Kate's hand and the two girls walked to the door. Eleven undid the lock and started to open the door. They walked in and looked quite similar. Both girls with light blue jeans, but Jane had a black shirt and jacket, but Kate had a red turtleneck and, a flannel and a black jacket. 

"Eleven." A boy breathed out. "Mike." She gasped. "I never gave up on you. I called you every night. Every night for..." They hugged.  "353 days. I heard." El nodded. "Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" He searched her face for answers. 

"Because I wouldn't let her. The hell is this? Where you been?" He looked at her clothes. "Where have you been?" She shot back and he just huggedher. "You've been hiding her. You've been hiding her this whole time!" The boy, Mike, realized. "Hey! Let's talk. Alone." 

"We missed you." Another boy told him. "I missed you, too." She smiled at them. "We talked about you pretty much every day." A curly haired boy told her sister, who looked confused. "Teeth." She touched his teeth. "What?" He furrowed his brows. "You have teeth." He smiled. "Oh. You like these pearls?" He purred and the two girls flinched.

"This is my sister." Jane pointed at Kate. "Oh, hi." She waved slightly. "Hi." The curly haired boy grinned at her and the other boy waved back. "Eleven? Hey. Um, I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you." A redhead said, but Jane ignored her. 'She's probably not up for good' Kate thought. 

Jane walked to a woman and the two boys turned to Kate again. "So, what's your name?" One of them asked her. "Kate." Kate grinned. "Why are you grinning?" The curly haired boy smiled too as he asked. "I'm sorry, it's stupid, but I just... I just found out my old name a few days ago, and this is the first time I told anyone."

"What did you go as before?" The other boy asked her and she just lifted her sleeve to show her tattoo. "Woah that's cool, do you have superpowers too?" She nodded. "The same as Eleven, but I have also this." She said as she made a little fire in her palm. 

As she was talking to them, she didn't notice a redhead, that Kate made question her sexuality. "Hey, you're Kate right? I'm Max." She turned to her. Woah, she's pretty. Kate nodded. Max handed her a tissue and Kate glady accepted it and wiped the blood from under her nose. "Thanks."

"You opened this gate before, right?" A woman asked Eleven, who nodded. "Do you think if we got you back there, that you could close it?" Jane looked at Kate. "We can close it" She said as she emphasized the word we. 

"It's not like it was before. It's grown. A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs." The police man spoke. "Demo-dogs." The cuirly haired boy corrected him. "I'm sorry, what?" He sighed. "I said, uh, Demo-dogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs. You put them together, it sounds pretty badass..."

"How is this important right now?" He scoffed. "It's not. I'm sorry." He apologized. "I can do it. With her help." She pointed at Kate. "You're not hearing me." The policeman  shook his head. "I'm hearing you. We can do it." 

"Even if they can, there's still another problem. If the brain dies, the body dies." The raven haird boy spoke. "I thought that was the whole point." The redhed, Max, spoke. "It is, but if we're really right about this... I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayer's army... Will's a part of that army."

"Closing the gate will kill him." They all looked down. "He likes it cold." The woman muttered. "What?" The woman turned to him. "It's what Will kept saying to me. He likes it cold. We keep giving it what it wants. If this is a virus, and Will's the host, then..."

"Then we need to make the host uninhabitable." A boy spoke. "So if he likes it cold..." Some girl continued. "We need to burn it out of him." The woman spoke, determined. "We have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time. Somewhere far away."

The policeman was giving some boy directions and El was saying goodbye to the raven haired boy as Kate stood there. Max saw her, and walked up to her. "Hey, how are you doing?" Kate flinched at the sound of someone's voice. "Good, nervous i guess." Max nodded. "Hey, do you think you could help me with some things if i stay here?" Max nodded. "Sure, with what?" Kate stayed silent for a moment. "Pulling my life together i guess. I'll need some clothes and you know some things. And I would like to go to school once, but I don't think my education is on level of a freshman." 

"El...Kate... Come on, let's go. It's time." Hopper called out for them. "Sorry, I gotta go save the world." They walked in the truck.