Acknowledgements

Dear Readers,

Today marks the end of probably the most enjoyable story I have written (which means I enjoyed writing it a lot, and I hope you guys enjoyed reading it too). And I am so excited to be sharing the last chapter notes with you all finally.

First of all, I would like to thank my readers who are always a constant support and motivation for me:

GuyOfMany

icecoffeeluver

Viola130831

SNan018

garip_bir_insan

willustaywithme

Psychiatristtriangle

Midnightsky132

_wooooooooow_

And all those I couldn't mention, a very heartfelt thanks to you as well for reading this story and appreciating it.

I had so much fun writing this story that I kind of neglected the other ongoing fics to keep writing this one to completion. Now that Diabolical has been completed, I will be resuming the rest of my on-hold fanfics too, worry not. 

But Tim and his dynamic with almost every single character was so enjoyable to write about because he was this creepy but good-at-heart kid and I have never written him like this before. I tend to write Tim as sarcastic but here I got the opportunity to write him as sassy and smart with an affinity for chemicals that fitted the concept of this story so well.

I love experimenting with different versions of the same character and I have another upcoming draft in which you will see Tim in a completely different light. I am glad I wrote this one out first because now I am fully aware of how fun it is to twist the personality of this adorable coffeeholic and I will be using it to its full potential in the aforementioned draft (I know I'm keeping suspense but I promise it will be worth it).

Another good thing that happened while writing this story is me developing a crush on Cillian Murphy (I know that's not really something to mention in Acknowledgements but well I can't leave it out). And of course, I loved his portrayal of Scarecrow so much that I ended up writing more about him.

Scarecrow or rather Jonathan Crane wasn't initially supposed to be a very major part of this story as I was only going to mention him in the starting chapters and then ditch him in Azkaban. But seeing how much potential Tim and his dynamic had and through the lovely readers' comments I got on these two, I tweaked the story to include Jonathan as a vital aspect of Tim's character development as well as his own.

It's not the first time this has happened but I must say writing about Jonathan Crane has made me soften towards his character although back when I was writing the Coffeeverse stories, I absolutely hated him. Now I am very excited to explore his character and write more about him because I kinda do love him like I love the rest of my characters.

At this rate, the only character I can say for certain that I will never soften to no matter how much I get to write about him is Deathstroke and maybe Ra's Al Ghul can go on that list too. I hate these two a lot and no writing of mine or others can make me soften toward them.

[You guys can consider it a challenge if you want to. If any of you can make me change my mind on these two through your writing, you're most welcome to send me your stories and I will check them out].

Anyway before it's time to go, I have to announce the spinoff to this book that focuses on my new DC fave Jonathan Crane but follows the same timeline, characters, and events. As I ended up adding Diabolical to The Toxic Ashes Series, we definitely have a book 2 titled Intangible | J. Crane.

This is Jonathan's story and I am so excited to start working on it because I will get to write from the perspective of a DC villain for the first time. Of course, our lovely Tim is going to be a major part of this book too because he has had such a deep influence on the redemption and recuperation of Jonathan Crane. 

I won't be publishing it immediately as I feel like I have other stories to focus on for now but when I do publish it, I hope you all will appreciate my take on Crane in the story

Hope to see you there.

Have a lovely day, evening, or night, whatever it is depending on your time zone.

Love from,

Zenina Dawson.