Vocabulary Homework + Lore (?)

1. Hailey showed her freshly shined badge to Captain Kevin, trying to prove to him that she could admonish her duties and would put all of her attention into them.

2. Tarrant had been dealing with sudden flashbacks all day, and that adumbrated the events of that night.

3. Tarrant and Kirsta spoke to each other on the steps in front of the house as the sun went down and the sky displayed pinks, reds, oranges, and yellows; despite the pretty sight, the conversation felt rather bellicose.

4. Kirsta returned to the house with a somber expression on his face and belligerent thoughts in his mind.

5. When she was questioned about the murders her son had committed, Anne simply said, "Considering his actions in high school, it was contingent, but I didn't think he'd ever do anything to hurt someone; after all, the boy was shy, afraid of any kind of physical wound."

6. "During the first and second interrogation, Tarrant showed not a single sign of contrite for his crimes, but after the third, he started expressing a little sorrow, not nearly enough for someone who killed their sister-in-law. I think he honestly doesn't care about what he's done."

7. Tarrant had a self-centered disposition that scared Hailey a little.

8. Kirsta was an extraneous partner for Tarrant, the two didn't belong together.

9. Hailey had asked Mrs. Anne to extrapolate her son's past actions and connect them to what he'd done, but she didn't know nearly enough to satisfy Hailey's curiosity.

10. Hailey noticed that Tarrant used lots of hyperbole and half-truths in his words; it was hard to tell what was the truth and what was not.

11. Unlike his significant other, Kai would tell anything Tarrant had done or said so long as it did not jeopardize his husband's life.

12. Maybe Mrs. Anne needs mnemonics, perhaps some medicines, she is old after all, Hailey thought when the aforementioned woman asked Karl to bribe her into 'revealing' something about Tarrant that she 'barely remembered'.

13. Mrs. Anne walked into the room where Tarrant was being held for interrogation for the fourth time, and Tarrant had to quickly mollify and quiet himself, like he was trying his hardest to go unnoticed by his mother.

14. According to what Tarrant said, he'd committed the crimes in a perfunctory manner, he even thought what he did was a good thing.

15. "If Tarrant isn't put in prison, his putrid actions will be perpetuated!" Anne shouted in an accusing manner as if she weren't talking about her son.

16. Tarrant seemed like a quintessential child, there were nearly no signs of even the personality he had as a teenager.

17. He had carelessly arrogated a portion of Kirsta's heart and lungs as well as his life.

18. Mrs. Anne decided to speak up then, even though she wasn't even in the continent at the time of the event, "There's no doubt in my mind that he went on with his quotidian routines after the murder!"

19. Tarrant said that he was sedulous about returning to normal life afterward, it was incredibly hard for him to do so. As usual, it was hard for Hailey to tell if he was lying or not.

20.  Hailey would shirk through Tarrant's home, hoping to find evidence of Tarrant's crime there.