𝟦𝟨 | 𝖬𝗂𝖽𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖲𝗐𝗂𝗆

❝𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚕'𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎

❝𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚕'𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎.❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I wake up in the middle of the night for the second night in a row

Alone.

And even though I know I'm alone, I still try to reach for Christian hoping that I'm wrong but I'm not. He's not here.

I know where he is so I'm not worried.

Christian visited Italy a week ago and stayed there for two days before flying back to New York. Ever since he came back, he's been staying with me at the mansion. Christian did think about sleeping in the room he was given but decided not to when night fell.

For the last three nights, Christian has been waking up around midnight and going down to the outdoor pool for a swim. A midnight swim. The temperature is beginning to fall so he's taking advantage of the last bit of warm weather we have before it's gone.

Deciding I don't want to go another night without going back to sleep without Christian, I kick the blankets off me and roll out of bed. Once I step into the bathroom, my hand slaps against the wall and searches for the light switch.

Fortunately, it didn't take long for me to find it. My eyes immediately squeeze shut. It takes a couple of seconds for them to get used to the light when I reopen them again. I press the palms of my hands against the counter and stare at myself in the mirror. I make a mental note to set some time aside to thread my eyebrows. They desperately need shaping.

Licking my lips, I pick up a hairbrush and brush my hair with it. The entire process takes no more than fifteen seconds. Once that's done, I splash water on my face to wake me up since I don't think I'll be going back to sleep.

I glance down after patting my face dry. I'm wearing one of Christian's many black shirts. I have nothing else underneath other than my underwear. I think about whether I should throw some shorts on but decide not to.