𝟦𝟧 | 𝖦𝗈𝗈𝖽𝖻𝗒𝖾

Start from the beginning

The doctors said it was due to blood loss and they did everything they could to stop it but it was too late.

I know for a fact that Ares is currently suffering from survivor's guilt.

I mean who wouldn't?

Two people are walking home one night and a car comes out of nowhere, it hits both people but only one lives while the other dies.

Ares hasn't contacted me since that day.

I don't even know if he's going to.

I won't blame him either if he chooses not to. I don't know him that well but I'm pretty sure he wants to be left alone.

Despite being in my own little world, I hear a knock on my bedroom door before it opens. I already know who it is. Asteria.

"Hi," she says, her voice soft. "I brought you breakfast."

"Thank you.".

"I'm going to leave it here." Asteria comes up beside me and sets a tray of food on the nightstand. "I'll leave you alone now but I'll be cleaning up around your apartment if you need me."

"Asteria, you don't have to."

She doesn't say anything and instead leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

For the last four days, she has been coming to my apartment and bringing me food. Asteria won't leave until she knows I've eaten so while she waits, she cleans.

We had our first fight moments after the news covered Ares's statement. We didn't raise our voices at each other or anything like that but it led us to spending the rest of the day apart. The next day, she came over and made me breakfast. It's as if she knew I wouldn't have the energy to eat anything.

Honestly, we're still spending our days apart. She only stops by in the morning, afternoon, and night to bring or make me food before leaving.

Yesterday, I started eating much more slowly so Asteria could stay longer. I didn't care if she was sitting in the living room or wiping the counters in the kitchen, I just wanted her near me. Even if there was a wall separating us.

I get a random burst of energy which causes me to get out of bed and pace around the room for a bit so I can stretch my legs. I've barely left my bed these last couple of days so it's safe to say that I feel like a slug.

I crack a smile when I imagine Milani telling me those exact words. "Christian get out of the fucking bed and do something with your life because you're acting like a fucking sloth."

I make my bed first and then eat the breakfast that Asteria left for me. That alone took less than fifteen minutes because I was starving. Afterward, I took a quick shower and changed into fresh clothes before bringing the empty tray out of my room.

Asteria is in the kitchen, drawing imaginary circles on the white island when I spot her. She seems to be zoned out because she doesn't notice me until I place my hand on her shoulder.

Her head snaps up, looking into my eyes and then down at the tray. "Are you finished?" she asks, taking it away from my grasp. "I'll wash it then I'll be on my way."

"Cariño."

As soon as I say that, she immediately freezes. I haven't called her that since last week.

"Come here," I add, opening my arms. She stops washing the dishes. The faucet turns off and she turns around. Instead of drying her hands, she walks into my arms, and right as her cheek touches my chest, she lets out a sob.

"I'm so sorry, Christian."

"No, I'm sorry, cariño," I say. "I should have never pushed you away. You didn't deserve that. You don't deserve that."