"What? What was what?" I voice. My frustration only growing by the second. My brother looks back at me, concern written all over his -normally expressionless- face. 'What's going on?' Is what I'm trying to convey with my eyes as I stare at Leo's. But my desperate attempt is completely ignored, as he turns his attention back to our frightened little brother.

Unsure of what to do, I seek any sort of answer from my elder. "Pat, please explain." I try to sound calm but my shaken voice fails me. Patrick's eyes catch mine. He seems to consider for a moment, glancing back and forth to Elijah as he does.

"Sigh." "Let's... let's calm ourselves." The doctor begins, clearly searching carefully for what to say next. Seeing his expression contort by the sight of my baby brother, worsens my already bubbling anxiety. However, before I can voice my concerns, Patrick orders us to leave the room.

"W-What? No. Just... just tell me what's-" My attempts of arguing with his decision are embarrassingly unsuccessful, as Leo and I are gently pushed out of the room. A slight "bang." from the door being the last thing we both hear.

I pace around the hallway i was standing at just mere minutes before, making an effort to calm myself and organise my confused but worried thoughts. As I do, my younger brother quickly comes to mind and i avert my attention to him.

"Leo." I call out, careful as to not raise my already unstable voice. "What's going on?" Is all I can ask as he finally takes his eyes off the closed door to look back at me. I allow him some time to settle down and think over his answer, while I take this opportunity to scan his demeanour. It's a rare occurrence to see Leo as shaken as he is right now. From all of us, he's definitely the more coolheaded sibling. I tend to lose my calm quite easily compared to him, so seeing him in this state does not comfort me one bit.

I could've easily kept studying my younger brother, but the words that left his mouth steal away all of my thoughts.

"...scars." Is all he says at first. His voice still low and wavering as he places his hands over his face. "His body is full of... scars and bruises..."

"What...?" I stare blankly at my brother, a billion thoughts racing through my mind upon hearing and internalising what he had just said to me.

?" I stare blankly at my brother, a billion thoughts racing through my mind upon hearing and internalising what he had just said to me

'They can't look, they can't look, they can't-' "bang." The sound of the door closing momentarily breaks my focus away from my racing thoughts. 

I look around the room, immediately noticing the absence of my -newly found- older brothers. Dr. Patrick stares back at me. His expression full of worry and concern, but with a determined look in his eyes. 

"Ciao- I mean... hello 'lijah." The doctor greets softly, his voice close to a whisper. "My apologies, my brain tends to forget all about english when I'm stressed." He tries to joke, but his smile falters when he looks at me. I ignore his attempt, gazing over the closed door where I assume my brothers are. My action seems to be noticed by the older man, causing him to explain himself. "Oh- yes, your brothers are just outside. I thought it'd be more comfortable if it were just the two of us." I look back at him as he rambles, taking note of every small movement he makes.