Chapter eleven | Baie d'Émeraude

The next day, she sat all alone in a compartment on the Hogwarts Express. She stared out the window while gently stroking the soft fur of Peach, who rested on her lap. She was headed home for the holidays and had chosen to travel alone for the ride back. She wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone, especially not after what had happened yesterday.

What her friends – Aubrey, Gwen, Romilda, and Harry – had said to her had broken her heart into pieces. She had cried so hard the previous night that her eyes were still puffy in the morning. She didn't know what to do or how to confront her three Hufflegirls, so she greeted them weakly during breakfast.

For anyone who had attended Hogwarts during her mother's time, they would be familiar with the famous history of Sirius Black and Alphonsine Scamander. Sirius had constantly pursued her stubborn mother, trying to win her love. However, in the end, she had fallen for Vik Gazelle. Consumed by jealousy and heartbreak, Sirius Black, the Maniac, had sent Death Eaters to murder Vik, the so-called "filthy half-breed."

Now, she understood what her mother and Remus had felt when they heard the news of Sirius Black's betrayal. After hearing what her Hufflegirls had said, she felt betrayed, angry, and deeply disappointed. She also began to grasp what Harry had felt. She knew she was wrong not to tell him the truth, and he had every right to feel betrayed, but he was wrong to compare her to Black.

Suddenly, the compartment door slid open, revealing Oliver Wood. Without a word, she pulled him inside and pressed him against the compartment door, engaging him in a passionate kiss. He responded eagerly, his hands moving to lock the door and lower the compartment blinds. They tumbled onto the seat, with her straddling his lap. She pulled away, only to be met with Oliver's boyish grin.

"Well, hello there to you too," he winked. She reconnected their lips as her hands roamed his chest with urgency. Then, she got off his lap and knelt between his legs.

"Finally," Oliver breathed out with a smirk as Seraphina fumbled with the buttons of his trousers to remove them. She didn't necessarily want to do this, but she figured it was a good distraction. After all, it was her first time, so she bit her lip in nervousness and slight excitement.

Just like the books, she repeated to herself as she pressed a kiss to his tip.

⠈⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄

Seraphina sat with Fleur Delacour by the pond. The older girl was braiding Seraphina's hair as she recounted what had happened in the compartment with Oliver. Seraphina filled the calm air with a lovely serenade on the lyre she played.

Baie d'Emeraude, a smaller Veela community nestled near the coastline of Nice, offered a picturesque scene. Sandy shores stretched alongside cobbled cottages adorned with vibrant wildflowers, much to the delight of the local fauna. Moss-covered pathways meandered throughout the village, leading ultimately to the beloved beach, a favorite spot for the Veela to bask in.

"He was huge," Seraphina admitted. "I almost threw up, but luckily, I didn't." Her work was sloppy, but it was alright for a first timer.

Fleur whistled. "I guess English boys aren't so bad after all... I might have to find one for myself."

Seraphina chuckled and rolled her eyes. By the time Seraphina and her mother had reached France, it was already noon. She thought to herself how good it felt to be home. She had missed her village and her friends so much that she hadn't even thought about her friends back at Hogwarts.

"Was he really that huge, Novene?" A voice came from behind them. Eloise Auclair, another fellow Veela witch who completed their trio, had joined them.