Chapter ten | Truths Unmasked

Two weeks have passed since Harry and Seraphina had slept together in the hospital wing. Oliver had caught wind of this and tortured Harry every chance he got during Quidditch practices. Oliver was training his team nonstop to the point of passing out due to exhaustion. Last week, Seraphina had attended Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw's match. Due to the Hufflepuffs' way of playing nice, the Ravenclaws won.

Luna had invited her to the Ravenclaw celebration party. Let's just say, it was a wild night; no wonder they're called RAVEnclaws. Not being the one to party, Luna just sat back and watch the raving crowd with twinkling eyes, in contrast to Seraphina who enjoyed herself. Dancing and jumping to the music before she was stopped by Oliver.

Oliver had also been invited to the party and the two ended the night with an argument. She had totally forgotten Oliver's restrictions on her about drinking. But that night she wasn't drinking. Still, he got mad that she had caught the attention of lots of Ravenclaw boys.

She had expressed this behavior to her Hufflegirls and they only replied with a roll of their eyes. He just loves you, they would say. She wouldn't dare ask the opinions of others. Hermione would berate her of the importance of self-worth, Ron wouldn't know what to say, Harry would try to hit Oliver with a bludger, and Remus would've been in Azkaban for murder.

Naturally, her mother didn't let her stay over for the holidays at Hogwarts because of Black, but she wasn't too upset at this. For the holidays, she would be going to visit her home back in France where she'll get to see her friends and family again.

She sent excited letters back to Fleur and Eloise to tell them that she'd be staying at France for Christmas, Yule, Charitiva, or whatever you want to call it. The Wizarding World adopted this holiday from the muggles, however it is more of a cultural celebration for love and family rather than a religious celebration like how the muggles do it. The Veela race has a holiday similar of that to Christmas and it is called Charitiva. Charitiva is a religious celebration where family and friends get together to enjoy festive meals and partake in traditions and practices for Charitiva and this is also when they celebrate the new year. 

Seraphina skipped down the stairs of the owlery after she had sent Beansprouts away to deliver her message. Before the end of term, there was another Hogsmeade trip, and Oliver had decided to go, since they were currently avoiding each other. However, nothing could ruin her good mood for today.

Her friends have already left for Hogsmeade before she went to the owlery, so she skipped down the halls, hoping to look for Harry. She walked the corridors aimlessly, singing and twirling around, before she was suddenly pulled inside an empty classroom.

She let out a surprised yelp and saw that George had been the one to pull her inside. "Merlin! You could've just asked for a snog if you wanted one so bad, Weasley." She glared at him before dusting her dress down.

George smirked and winked playfully. "I could, but Oliver would kill me, so this seems like a better option,"

She rolled her eyes at the ginger before she saw that Fred and Harry was also inside the room. "Harry! I've been looking for you!"

He smiled at her before turning back to the twins. "What d'you need us for?"

The twins beamed at one another. "We've decided to get you two an early Christmas present." Fred beckoned the two to walk with them over to the desk. He pulled something out of his cloak and laid it on the desk. It was a folded piece of parchment.

"What is it?" Seraphina asked.

"This is the secret of our success," George said, patting the piece of parchment fondly.

"It's a wrench, giving it to you two," Fred said, "but we decided last night, your need's greater than ours."

"Anyway, we know it by heart," George spoke. "We bequeath it to you. We don't really need it anymore."