Chapter seven | Bowtruckle Island

TW: Rape

Hi! Before you read, this chapter contains rape. This chapter will most probably be disturbing to most, so I've put a warning before the mature scenes start, so you can skip if you're not comfortable with it.

The inclusion of such sensitive themes is intended for storytelling purposes only. I do not condone or promote this behavior.

The days went by, and Seraphina had quickly become popular amongst the students. People waved and stared at her in the hallways as she entertained them with a happy chat. Almost everyone in Hogwarts knows her name and they long to be her friend.

It took her a while to get used to the cultural changes, like how much chillier it is in Scotland, their food much heavier, their slang, their etiquette, their behaviours. But overall, she didn't have that much of a hard time adjusting like she expected to.

She had grown closer to Luna and her dormmates. She had especially grown closer to her Hufflegirls (Aubrey, Gwen, and Romilda) and Gryffindor's golden trio. She had also met the rest of the Weasley's which was quite a delight. She enjoyed the funny nature of Fred and George, and the fiery temper of Ginny Weasley who seemed to turn red every time Seraphina was there. She even enjoyed their elder brother, Percy Weasley, who reminded her of a more stuck-up version of Hermione.

She was also quite popular amongst the boys in Hogwarts. Boys would often try to come up to her and try to gain her interest, but she only let them on with friendly chatter. However, a certain Gryffindor had caught her eye.

He was older, tall, and handsome. His body was lean and fit. He also suited a handsome Scottish accent. This could be no other than the Gryffindor's Quidditch captain, Oliver Wood. The two had met when Seraphina heard Fred teasing Oliver quite loudly in the Gryffindor table about his new crush.

Seraphina often smiled, blushed, and giggled at the thought of him. She would flush a deep red whenever he would touch her in any way. She would almost faint at the sound of his delightful laughter after saying a stupid joke.

The two got along really well, which made Aubrey equally as happy. She thought it was 'goals' (as the Americans say it) that she was with the Hufflepuff captain, and Seraphina with the Gryffindor captain.

If she wasn't accompanied by Luna, Harry, or her dormmates, Oliver would walk her to classes. This, of course, earned very distasteful looks from Remus, and if looks could kill, Oliver would be six feet underground as we speak. Remus would often shoot Oliver with impossible questions and take away house points for no reason, reminding Seraphina of Professor Snape.

Speaking of professors and classes, Seraphina did alright with her classes. It was just the start of the year anyway, so the lessons and homework were still manageable. Unsurprisingly, Seraphina did well in COMC, Herbology, and Potions. In Herbology, Professor Sprout had taken a great liking to her, asking her to stay back in class to help with extra work in the greenhouse like repotting plants. She would usually do this with the shy and timid Neville Longbottom whom she had grown quite fond of.

In Potions, Snape didn't pick on her as much as he would pick on the other students, mostly Gryffindors. She had learned that he was only super nasty to Gryffindors, and to Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaw, he was still nasty, but tolerable. Whenever Seraphina perfected a potion, he only gave her a nod of approval, making her beam. If Seraphina was being honest, she could say that Snape liked her a little bit, or at least respected her skill in his subject.

And to her surprise, she had become a teacher's favorite already, and that teacher was none other than Professor Binns. The ghost's classes were dreadful, and the blonde tried her best to stay awake in all of them. Seraphina had always found history to be interesting, but the amount of reading and understanding that had to be done in the subject was such a chore for her, and it didn't help that their teacher was a dull ghost... she had intended to change that.