Chapter 5: It's Not A Beach Date

Start from the beginning

But the evidence was clear. He nearly drowned and he didn't have any of his Hydro powers. She felt him disappear from her Statue's vicinity. And then felt his presence a second later. And again. And again. It happened again.

'Isn't he a little too devoted?' She thought. 'Maybe he's trying to get my power through the Statue..., but I don't feel any of them waning in power at all.'

'...Hold on a second. Why's he getting my power through the Statues? WHEN I'M LITERALLY RIGHT HERE,' She stomped her foot to the ground and huffed. 'Hasn't he ever thought of that? Well. It would be rude to touch a lady. Especially a god without permission so I will give him that.'

'I guess I should repay him by giving him a portion of my power... Which... probably means I have to hold his hand... for the best results...'

Furina stood in silence. Her mind blank. Isn't she getting a bit too bold?

'I mean..., holding hands with the person you love is... normal isn't it?'

Wait a second she's not in deni- Ahem.

But another thought crept into Furina's head. One that could rival her fear of being alone and losing her country in it's deadliest crisis.

'But... does he love me though?'

She... had no way to answer that. On one hand, it wouldn't be right for her to just declare that he's hers. That would just speedrun to the other answer. The answer that would leave a hole in her heart that could potentially take years to repair.

'It's just a professional handshake!' She thought. 'It's professional. Professional. Nothing... romantic about tha... I wonder how his hand would feel in mine...'

She slaps herself in the face. 

'Nothing between us aside from business and friend stuff would happen. Stop it. You're only going to hurt yourself, Furina... Besides, he's met plenty of women who- definitely can't compare to me in beauty and po- Oh right he's met the Raiden Shogun and he's her sparring partner. HOW CAN I COMPETE WITH THAT-'

She shakes her head. She disappears into a puddle and zooms towards her room. She makes sure to not make any noise and look for... 

Well. You know what women wear at beaches right? I'm sure I don't need to describe it for you, reader because I'm sure you're either imagining it in your head or looking at a photo right now. Don't worry. I am too.

Anyway, she picks up her dark blue swimsuit and summer hat. And makes a break for it back to the Archepelago.

Author's Note:

I'd recommend Judged for Heart if you guys want more of this pairing. It's in AO3 made by AcrosstheAzur and it's a pretty good read. One of my favorites so far. 

"I'm back!" Aether announces. He kept his disappointment hidden. None of the Statues gave his Hydro powers back... Which meant that his capacity to dive is limited. And his swimming stamina is back to what it used to be. 

It's just a minor set back. It's not like he needs to swim in Snezhnaya or Natlan. He hoped not. The only downside is that he is unable to use his hydro kit. Not anymore...

But... why can't he us-

"Yes, yes I... Ahem. I can see that," Furina's words cut his worries short. His eyes lead him to where she was. She was in the water. And-

He just saw Furina in her swimsuit.

He thinks nothing of it. 

He's seen Fischl, Mona and even Xinyan back then when he last went here so seeing an Archon in her swimwear was nothing to be alarmed about. He asks casually, "You've got your swimsuit already?"