"Hey Star..."

My timing couldn't be horrible. I've ruined a moment. A moment I'm actually shocked to witness. Star kissing a girl. I'm actually shocked at the fact that he even talks to girls, let alone having a girlfriend and inviting her over or the fact that they are on kissing terms. I'm not dissing him or anything but he's a nerd and everyone knows that girls and nerds don't really go hand in hand. I wonder where this moment could've progressed to. Who knows maybe I've saved him from a hot slap and heart piercing insults.

"Dad... You home"

I can hear the shame in his voice. The girl's eyes are downcast to the floor. She's more embarrassed.

" Yes I am. Did I interrupt something"

" Oh come on Pa... We all know what you saw"

What's a father supposed to do in such instances.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean... I should've... Is that your girlfriend ?"

The youngsters exchange looks. I guess they are planing to lie to my face. Who cares what their relationship is anyway, what's important is that my son is one lucky man, he has both the brains and the charm.

" Yes... yes she is. Dad this is Miriam. Miriam my Dad"

The young lady stretches her hand to greet me. She finally faces me for the first time. I can't still wrap my head around the fact that she's seeing my son but the fact that she's no ugly duckling makes it even more baffling.

"Nice to meet your sir."

A smile forms at the corner of her mouth. Man she really is pretty.

" Likewise Miriam"

There's an awkward silence.

"I think it's getting late, shouldn't you be getting home Miriam "

"Oh yes you right Star. I should get going. Nice to meet you sir"

" Same here Miriam."

"Dad I'll walk Miriam to the bus station ... I'll be back soon to start with the dinner."

I watch as they follow each other out the door. They don't seem like they like each other. They are in love with each other. Questions are churning and burning inside of me. Only trust fundbabies attend Learner's Choice Academy so how is it possible that that type of kid fell for my Star... How is it possible that she saw the dump he calls home but still doesn't mind tasting his love, I guess that's one of life's many wonders

I look at the time, it's now 7:15 an hour and a handful of minutes have flown by. Star is yet to come back. I know it's a wired, but I'm starting to get a little worried. It's not long before he walks in. He has a smile on his face.

" I'm sorry dad, I know I said I'll be back soon but it's... Let me get started right away, you can go lie down I'll call you when dinner is ready."

He's trying to avoid me. He doesn't wanna have the awkward conversation with dad. It's understandable but I've got to ask.

"How long have you guys been seeing each other ?

" Do we really have to talk about this."

" I just want to know... How did you guys meet, stuff like that."

" We met at school, we were chosen for a research together. We talked and we connected ?"

" Connected ? "

" Yes dad, she gets me... I get her, we love each other."

" I'm ... Well I'm happy for you"

He smiles. I can see he's relived I'm happy for him. He thought I was going to give him the third degree about dating someone way out of his league. That's what I should've done but after what Star has been through, he deserves all the happiness.