Chapter 3: Business As Usual

Awakening in unfamiliar surroundings, I was rather disoriented. That was until I saw her face looking down at me. I remembered the events of last night, just why did they bring that topic up?

"Hey! Wake up! You'll be late for your job at CO&CO if you don't!"
"Hmm- Right! I have to go! What time is it!?"
"5:30am!"
"Ugh."
Now I'm screwed, yesterday I broke the copy machine and now I'm late! No use in staying still fussing, I've got to get going, lest I'm really late. Alright, what have I got to do? I have my clothes on from last night, so no need to change, I should probably wash my face though. I've got to do my hair! Alright, that's it? Yeah. Now I just got to drive— ah, right, my car is at my house, Alodia will have to drive me there.

"Alodia!"

"Yeah!?"

"You've got to drive me to work!"

"Alright, you ready?"

"Mhm!"

"Let's get going then!"

Just as last time, the car ride was silent, but this time it wasn't nearly as tense, however it did seem as if Alodia had something more on her mind than just driving. Possibly about last night. Who am I kidding, Alodia is probably also running late because of me and is in a rush, I'm probably the least of her worries at the moment.
Hmm, so what papers do I have to look at today? I'm pretty sure the quarter is coming to an end and performance reports will be released soon. What else? Right! The finance reports I  was supposed to review last night... I didn't do that. This is unlike me, I am usually not so scatterbrained. For some reason I keep forgetting about things that I normally wouldn't.
Hmmm, wait... ZAWISZA! I completely forgot about him! Dammit! Why can't I just focus? Alright, the most important thing right now is the finance reports. We can worry about the rest later. But, can I? There's around 100 human lives at stake here, children no less. If only—

"Hey! We're here! Get out so I can—"

"So, how am I getting home?"

"Uhm, when does your work end?"

"4pm."

"Alright, I'll drive you to the McMicks after, and then home?"

"Mhm!"

"Then, it's settled!"

"Great! Thank you."

Guess I'll have to drive myself to my 'secret' job. She doesn't need to know about it, she's too innocent. God, she would hate me for not telling her for this long. It's for her own good.
Right now to deal with the financial reports, ugh, my least favorite part of this job. Well, it has to be done by someone. I just hate that, that someone is me. I'm tired of Teenypithy-confab. IT'S NOT EVEN INNOVATIVE. IT'S STUPID AND I DON'T CARE.

"Hey!"

"Hello, sir."

"How did that finance report look?"

"My apologies sir, I fell asleep reviewing it, if you just give me a moment—"

"No worries, just have it proofread by noon!"

"Oh—Alright!"

Teenypithy-confab time.
                             Income*    —— >Incame  Statement
CO&CO
December 13th, 30900
Revenue
Net sales
28,000$

cost of goods/services sold
7,000,000$ <—— 720,035$

gross profit
67,745$
Expenses

Paperinator <—— Stone paper engraver
3,050$

Hot sauce
200$

Electricity
6,000$