22

"You can't just tell me who she was?" Kailani questioned as she sat next to Duke on her sectional, as Norbit played in the background.

"You bein' serious Kailani? I don't want ta' talk about this." He said as he gave a light shrug, not wanting to cause an unnecessary argument with her. He knew that if they did end up getting into one, then he'd have to go home for the night and not be able to spend the night at her house.

Kailani let out a light laugh, "Duke, are you being serious right now?"

"Kai's throwin' a pool party he wants you ta' go."

Her jaw dropped slightly as she stared at him, "At this point just go home." She rolled her eyes, "You can't even talk about something you did."

"'Cause I'm not tryna' start an argument with you."

"It's not even going to be an argument. And when did you start callin' me Kailani?"

"I don't want to talk about it right now, aight? I'd ratha' be talkin' about it when you in a good mood."

"Mhm." She hummed, "I was in a good mood."

Duke looked over at her and noticed that she was looking away from him now, and instead looking down at the diamond bracelet that sat on her right wrist.

He let out a soft sigh, "Aye - listen, I'm sorry, aight?" He set his right hand onto her thigh to get her attention, "Ion even know the bitch like that, you feel?" He said as he rubbed light circles on her skin with his thumb.

She looked over at him to listen to what he had to say, picking his hand up that rested on her thigh and started to busy herself by playing with his fingers lightly.

"She came onto me and shit and like I done told you before, Ian even got no lame ass excuse why I did that shit, forreal."

"But did you know her?"

He locked eyes with her for a second before giving her a light but noticeable nod, "Yeah. She was in one of our videos and I guess one of the guys stayed in contact wit' her and that's why she was there."

She gave him a light smile, believing the words that he was saying were in-fact true, "Okay."

He twisted his face up,"That's it? Jus' okay?"

"Yeah. What else you want me to do?"

He continued to stare at her with the lazy smile across his features, "Shi, go beat ha' ass." He said with a chuckle.

At this, Kailani threw her head back and laughed, "Beat a girl up over a man that wasn't even mine? Chileee."

"You tellin' me you not gon' throw for me?"

She shook her head from left to right, "Fuck no. You see these nails? You see these pretty lil lashes?"

"Oh so you not gon' do the beatin' you jus' going to get beat?"

"I do not partake in such activities, sir. My ass is not gettin' beat. Ever." She laughed as she looked him up and down, in a playful way.

Duke grabbed onto her hand that was playing with his fingers and pulled her closer to him, so she was sitting right next to him.

"You gon' go to Kai's party?"

Kailani sighed as she stared at him, "I don't know." She shrugged, "You didn't tell me a date or nothing."

"Tomorrow."

She smacked her lips slightly with a playful smile on her face, "Go ahead and go without me."