13

New Year's Eve!

     "How much longer you gon be?"

     "I don't know. You'll live, you're not going to die."

     "Yes I am Koko."

     "No you're not, all you're doing right now is slowing me down."

     "My left eye going lazy ma. Its starting to happen - I'm dying."

     "Shut up," She started to laugh, "you're so stupid."

     "I can't feel my tongue."

"And now I'm hanging up." She set down her mascara and hung up the phone, before either of them said goodbye.

She was sitting on her marble counter-top in her bathroom, getting ready for a New Year's Eve party, at the AMP house.

     The party had already started, but it was only 9:22, so she didn't see what the rush was. Plus, it wouldn't take her that much longer to finish getting ready.

     She already had her outfit on, and she was only doing little touch-ups to her makeup. She wore a two piece set, but it looked like a mini dress. It was a silver colour, and sparkly. She had a YSL bag, the one that Duke had gotten her for Christmas, and she wore matching boots to the two piece.

     No, she wasn't over-dressed. She had called Duke to see what everyone else was wearing, and she dressed to the standards of the night.

     Walking out of her apartment, and locking it behind her, she walked down the end of the hallway and to the elevator. Hitting the parking garage button, then standing in silence until the elevator stopped.

Exiting the elevator, and walking to her car, she unlocked it. Connecting her phone to Bluetooth, she turned on her playlist, and made her way out of the parking garage.

Seeing an incoming call come from Duke, she sighed, before hitting the green button at the bottom of the screen, to see what he wanted.

"Where you at?"

"I just left my apartment."

"Why you takin' so long. You hate me?"

"Yes."

"Ma, cmon. Ian talk to anyone since this party started."

"Okay? Then go talk to people."

"I'm waiting on you Koko."

"Go talk to Kai or someone, I'll get there when I get there."

"Ion want to talk to them. I jus' want to talk to you."

"That's such a lie. When I get there I'm going to see you talking to everyone."

"Jus' hurry up Koko."

"I have to go. You're going to make me crash my car."

She hung up the phone, before he could try to convince her to not hang up. She picked her phone up to skip the song that turned on, before setting it back down.

She was driving for a good minute, before another call came in through her phone.

"Oh my God. Y'all want me dead!" She groaned.

Looking down at her phone that sat on the middle consol, she saw that it was Alohi calling her, hitting the awnser button, she waited for it to connect.