19

"I don't know why I keep awnsering your calls. You are the most aggravating person in the world." Kailani stared at Taurus over the phone, watching as he tied his dreads up while he looked in the mirror.

     "I swea' my therapist don' believe me." He smiled as he picked his phone back up, and walked out of his bathroom.

      "Don't believe what?" She took a second to take in his words, "Boy you don't even go to therapy."

     "How mean you are ta me." He looked down at the camera, before looking back up and continued to walk.

She gasped dramatically, offended, "I am not mean! Why are you sitting here and lying Taurus?"

    "Ai, whateva' you say." He said, shrugging while he sat down at his island and propped his phone up, "So heres tha' plan, alright?"

     "Mhm. What's the plan?"

    "I'a come ova' later. We gon' build this Lego set I bought, and while we build we finna watch movies." He brought his hands in-front of himself to set them on the counter.

     "Okay but -"

     "Unt - No Lani. We buildin, this fuckin' Lego set. I done spent seven hunnid on this cause you said you wanted to build some Legos." He brought his left hand up and a set his pointer finger to the counter.

     "I was going to ask if we could get takeout - but what set are we doing? How many pieces are there?" She looked at him over the phone.

She watched as he slide a huge box, from out of the cameras view, "Shi, theres about 9,090." He shrugged.

"Show me the front of the box, I want to see what it is."

He turned the box around so he could show her what set they were doing, making her gasp, "That means we need to watch Titanic."

     "I ain't watchin' the Titanic folks." He moved the box so that he was in the camera again, and gave her a dirty look.

     "And why not?"

"Ain't it sad?"

"Have you never seen the Titanic? Seriously?" Her jaw dropped a slight bit.

"Na." He moved around in his stool a little bit.

"Why? It's a good movie - we're watching it." She closed the FaceTime app to go to Netflix, to see if it was on there.

"Ain't it a long ass movie? Like fo' hours a'sum?"

"It's like, three. And it's going to take us more than three hours to build that - so let's just watch it."

"Why don' we watch Batman a'sum?"

"It's on Netflix, please Taurus? It's a really good movie." She closed out of Netflix and went back to the FaceTime screen.

"Ai folks, we gon' watch it. But I get to choose dinner, right?" He took a drink out of the glass that was sitting next to him on the counter.

"Okay, you bring dinner with you and the Legos, and I'll have the living room set up so we can build the legos, deal?"

     "Yes ma'am." He smiled.

"When you coming over?"

He glanced down at his watch, "Shi, if it's gon' take long ta' build it I'ma come ova soon."

"How soon Taurus? I need a time."

"I'a leave my crib in 20 minutes." He stared at the counter in thought, "But I'ma order the food right now so it can be ready fo' pickup."