iii.i

Florence woke up to someone playing with her hair. She rolled over to see Rosalie with a bright smile on her face, "Morning creep." Florence smiled, "It's rude to watch people sleep, y'know?" she added.

"Well, if you didn't need sleep, we could be doing other things." Rosalie smirked, earning a smack with a pillow across her head.

"Naughty, we don't think like that." Florence said jokingly, kissing her cheek.

"Let's go downstairs. We have a surprise for you." Rosalie dragged her out of bed. She went downstairs and was greeted by Esme with a warm drink.

"Morning Flo." She wrapped an arm around Florence and guided her towards the living room. As she sat down, Alice placed a present on her lap. It was a rectangle box slightly bigger than my hand, a pale pink wrapping paper, then finished with glittery black ribbon.

"What's this?" Florence looked up at everyone.

"Your surprise." Rosalie sat besides Emmett. There was a small bikini, and a card inside.

To Florence,

We'll never be able to make up for leaving you these past few months. I hope you'll forgive us, and we want to take you on a trip.

Carlisle bought an island far off the coast from Croatia, and he's named it 'Isle Florence'. The whole island is now yours, and there's a house by the beach, just for us.

From your mates x

"You bought me an island?" Florence stammered, she didn't even know you could do that.

"Of course." He smiled, like this was an everyday occurrence. "There's a village on the opposite side, and a family a few miles along the coast. They've agreed to check in on the house every few months, just to keep it clean." He added.

"I-I honestly don't know what to say," Florence's eyes flickered back down to the paper, "But I love it, thank you." She smiled at all of them.

"How about we go up there Sunday morning and come back the week after that?" Alice suggested.

"That's two days!" Florence relished at the thought of having a whole week with them, no interruptions. Just hot weather and a private beach.

"Well?" Alice brought her out of her thoughts.

"I'd love that. Only if everybody comes. Just a week together, like a break from everything else." Florence conditioned.

"I'll book time off work, and we can tell the school that there's a bug going around the house." Carlisle suggested and walked out of the room to start arrangements. Alice dragged Florence upstairs. Esme and Rosalie followed soon after

"We need to pack!" Alice squealed and started rummaging through her wardrobe. She and Rosalie discussed outfits for everyone - mainly Florence - and began filling the suitcase.

"Why don't you focus on yourself?" Florence rose an eyebrow at the two.

"I saw your decision. I'm ready." She didn't spare Florence a glance and continued going through everything.

"Fine. But at least give me more actual clothes." Florence scoffed at the items in there.

"Not like you'll be wearing them." She sent Florence a cheeky glance.

"Alice!" Florence threw a pillow at her for the remark.

"What? With the sleeping and the swimming or sunbathing." She listed with an innocent smile,

"You and I know full well that's not what you meant." Florence discreetly packed regular clothes in there. Alice caught on to what Florence was doing and removed half of the things she hid in there.

"These are tacky." She muttered.

"Shush, you love my outfits. I won't go if you don't let me, or at least Rosalie, be in charge. She's more reasonable." Florence threatened.

"That won't work on me. I see everything, and you are definitely going." She sat beside Florence on the bed.

"You're no fun." Florence huffed. Alice laughed at her pout and pulled the girl into her arms.

"Clothes and whatnot are done, now we just need basic essentials." Rosalie declared, "I'm going to sort mine and Emmett's stuff out." She smiled and pecked her cheek before leaving the room.

Later that night, she had relocated to the living room and everyone was ready. Carlisle had sorted the plans with work and the school, then with the route to her island. It felt funny to Florence, her island. That she could gladly live with.

Esme walked in with a hot plate in her hands, "meatballs in sauce with pasta shells." She smiled, placing it in front of Florence.

"Thank you!" She smiled like a child at Christmas. If it wasn't obvious, she loved food, and Esme's cooking just made everything better.

Esme sat beside Florence and watched a random film. Carlisle was in his office doing paperwork. Edward, Jasper and Emmett were having a little contest while hunting. Alice had immersed herself in the movie, while simultaneously sharing feedback with Rosalie about random things she complained about. While Florence happily sat there eating her food.

When she finished her food, she was curled up against Esme and wrapped in a blanket. Slowly, Florence dozed off, but woke back up to being carried, "Go back to sleep love, I'm taking you to bed." Carlisle whispered and laid her down in his bed. He kicked off his shoes and laid besides her, pulling the blanket over the two of them. Quickly, she fell back asleep in his arms.