oo7 , (flame.)

Começar do início

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." Arthur wasn't quite sure who talked but with firm hands, he could tell where Minho's grasped onto his shoulder and he was pulled backwards, away from the pale body which he couldn't drag his eyes away from.

The brunette wasn't sure how long he had not been paying attention because Alby was now holding a shovel in front of him and nodding the Minho who must have been talking.

Grasping the shovel firmly in his hand he turned towards the area Newt was already looking, having been leaning against a tree with his good leg resting on the ground. Departing from Minho who didn't even look away from Alby, he moved towards where George normally sat.

With one last glance towards George, he began digging.

Arthur had set himself down on the floor in front of the campfire, his back resting against the log as he let out a near-silent sigh and wiped his eyes. He couldn't sleep, his mind too busy to even think about letting himself rest as Georges's head popped up in his mind, the expressionless face that held so strongly from the moment of death.

Bringing his fingernails up to his mouth he anxiously bit at them, exposing the top of his fingers from where they had gotten long. He was so focused on his task that he didn't notice Newt sitting on the log next to Arthur as he stared at the golden glow of the campfire.

Arthur let his head fall onto Newt's knee as soon as he had settled, his hair drifted over his eyes as he focused on the remaining dirt under his fingernails which he had now turned to picking out, desperate for any reminder of what went down earlier to to eradicated from him.

The blonde boy could tell he was anxious, something he couldn't be blamed for after the events of today. In the corner of his eye, he could see the boy moving his hands about and Newt could guess the hair on his face probably didn't help with the issue. With a gentle hand, he reached his hand forward and brushed Arthur's hair off his face causing him to pause digging and destroying his nails and sit still.

Newt, not realising that Arthur had paused continued to brush his hair with his finger, teasing out the knots and twisting the strands between in fingers.

'Huh.' He didn't realise the colour of Arthur's hair before. Didn't pay too much attention to it but as he looked down at his friend he noticed the different types of brown in his hair and the firelight.

Newt looked at the distracted Arthur's face from where he sat with his head leant against Newt's leg, his lips quirked up into the smallest smile, the line between his eyebrows that the blonde boy had a small urge to smooth out.

Arthur had now just given up on trying to focus on the dirt under his nails having already gotten the majority out and just settled more against his friend's leg and focused his gaze on the fire. Both of them them so absorbed in what they were doing that Newt didn't realise when Arthur had fallen asleep. When the light snoring started to come from Arthur he blinked slightly, unaware of how long it had been.

Not stopping his movements he continued brushing Arthur's hair before looking towards the hammocks with a frown wondering how he was going to move him. With a heaving sigh, Newt removed his hand from his hair causing Arthur to shift and grumble under his breath.

"What's happening?" The brunette's words were slurred as he tried to get his words straight. Newt having been in a situation like this in the Medhut only shook his head with a smile and patted his shoulder.

Newt looked at him, taking in his clouded-over eyes and screwed-up face as he held in a yawn before speaking fondly. "Yeah, we are going to bed." Arthur nodded at his words and rubbed his eyes as he stumbled to a standing, unaware of the indent on his cheek that had been welded onto there.