"Well I'm not comfortable with that." Lori shakes her head and Rick looks at her in disbelief. I sigh. "Don't make me out to be the unreasonable one here." Lori shoves her hands in her pockets. "I know I have my concerns too but-" Rick begins.

"There's no but." She spits, " He was just shot. He's just back on his feet and he already wants a gun." He wants to be protected. He wants to learn how to feel safe when he is alone. "This isn't the same world anymore. He needs to be able to defend himself." I argue.

"What do you know about kids?" She leans towards me, "I don't see your kids anywhere." I gulp and step back tears brimming in my eyes. Please don't do this. Her secret is going to spill out any moment now. "It's better than him being afraid of them." Rick adds. He begins to tell Lori why Carl should learn how to use a gun and she argues why he shouldn't. I still can't believe she could be so rude. It might be the raging hormones going through her body. But what she said reminded me of things I tried to keep buried inside me. Things that would break me into a thousand tiny little pieces. I zoned out of their conversation. I couldn't hear anymore about this whole child being able to defend themselves. I backed up bumping into Shane who sent me a smirk. Creep.

Then I began to speed walk off. I couldn't be around them anymore. Walking without looking where I was going, not a great idea. A bucket came into contact with my foot and my legs buckled beneath me. With a great thud, my body fell to the floor as I landed on my side. I hope no one saw that. But I wasn't lucky as I heard a snort. Fuck sake. Why can't embarrassing things happen to me in private? Looking up, I spotted the lucky guy who watched my embarrassing fall which unfortunately was Daryl. "Shut up." I tell him as I sit up from my fall. Sitting on a log, he smirks at me as he polishes his crossbow. Then I noticed his arms again then his hands as they worked the sides of the crossbow. His muscles flexed every time he began to scrub a different place. Thank god for sleeveless tops. Biting my lip, I watched him thoroughly polish the crossbow. Who knew watching someone clean something could be so sensual? Stop stupid brain. I can't be thinking about Daryl in this way. How did my brain end up near my vagina? I needed to stop thinking with my downstairs brain and start thinking with my upstairs brain. I mean this is Daryl we are talking about. No way could I be attracted to that unruly hick.

"Your balls still good?" I ask, jokingly. Surely his balls were healed from my headbutt about a week ago. He glances up to me as his hands begin to rub over the crossbow. If only he could rub me like... No stop Kaia. Think normally, you horny dickhead. "Fine." He replies.

"Was gonna say if they still hurt I could kiss them better." I smile at him. Daryl puts his head down as his cheeks turn slightly pink, "Stop it." I let out a laugh as he glared at me. "Ain't funny." Daryl frowns trying not to let out his laugh. Brushing his hair back with his hands, Daryl puts his crossbow over his shoulder. "Get ya' axe." He demands. Doing as I'm told, I grab my axe and I follow him towards the woods. Daryl still walked with a stagger due to his injuries from the other day. "You sure you're fine?" I question him. I didn't want him to pass out in the middle of the woods because I would not be able to carry him all the way back. And then he would be a yummy meal for some 'walker' as they call it.

"Why do ya' care?" He grunts. Why do I care? I don't.

"I don't. I just don't want to carry your sorry ass back." I swing my axe back and forth in my hands. He glares at me as we begin to trek through the woods.

"We gotta find the lil' girl one way or another." He mentions, gripping his crossbow, "Ya' the only one who gives a damn other than me." That was true. No one else has been looking for her as much as he has. He cares even though he tries to make it seem like he doesn't. I nod. "Don't be singing no Dolly Partridge or whatever her name is." He grunts as he shoots an arrow at a walker.