Wake up

"You know, I wouldn't mind if you wore these pants more often," I smiled, kissing Cameron softly. He was in a Hawaiian shirt and a pair of light-wash jeans for the party.

He kissed the base of my neck, "Your little skirt is so beautiful on you."

I rubbed my hand on his back, "I still don't fully support this party. There is so much we need to do and everyone getting drunk isn't going to fix anything."

He nodded, "I know. I think you're the only one who hasn't accepted the defeat yet."

I bit my lip and looked at the floor, "Because it's not over.  I'm going to get her to back out of the sale."

"If anyone can do it, it's you."

"Or Laurel," I whispered.

He looked down at me, "Why haven't you tried to call her?"

I shook my head, "You saw how the funeral went.  I yelled at her and kicked her out of the house when she was grieving her best friend."

"While you were grieving your mom, baby girl. Also, Belly was so out of pocket that day, you had the right to be mad and react."

"I don't know what I would even say."

***

I woke up the next morning lying on the hard floor of what used to be Mom's room. I refused to leave it once the party went from people drinking to be breaking up two fights and watching a wall get spray painted.

I rubbed my eyes and heard a familiar voice yelling, getting fucked up déjà vu from Cameron's mom finding us at the club.

I walked to find Belly and Laurel yelling at each other just in time to see Laurel's hand collide with Belly's face. I am the most anti-hitting your children, but part of me was glad someone was finally slapping some sense into that girl.

"Emilia," Laurel said calmly.

I bit my lip and rocked on my toes, "Yes ma'am?"

"What is all of this?"

"I wish I could tell you."

"Why didn't you call me sooner? I thought you of all people would know better."

I felt tears well in my eyes, something that has been much harder to stop since mom passed. "I didn't know what I would say to you. I lost the house, I thought you would hate me. Then there was the funeral, and then they all wanted to throw a party...it was such a mess and I didn't know what to do."

She put her hand on my shoulder, "I was the open in the wrong at the funeral. I would never be mad at you about the house it wasn't your fault. I've already called your father and I am going to talk to Julia. Emilia, I need you to let me help. Stand back and let someone else try. You do not have to fix everything. Do you understand me?"

"Yes ma'am."

She was gone for almost an hour before Aunt Julia walked in and said, "I've decided to back out of the sale."

Jeremiah hugged Belly, spinning her in a circle. Cameron pulled me into a hug and kissed my head softly.

"Thank you... I mean, now all we have to do is convince Dad to let me buy the house."

She shook her head, "To buy half of the house. I won't make him pay the whole thing, and I won't let you do it either. The house was mine and your mom's, now it's mine and yours."

I ran over and hugged her, "Thank you. Thank you so so much."

"Now we just have to convince Dad to let you get into your money," Jeremiah smiled.

I nodded, "That may be a little harder than you think."

"I think it will be a lot easier if we clean this place up first so he doesn't have another reason to be mad at you guys," Cameron smiled.

"I always knew there was a reason he was my favorite," Laurel laughed, smiling over at him.

We all divided up who was cleaning what. Cameron and I were on the back patio by the fireplace throwing garbage into bags.

"Do you remember the last time we had a party here?" I asked.

He smiled, "I do. It's when you told me that you loved me."

"I remember laying in that chair with my head in your lap while you played with my hair. I thought 'I could be like this with him forever' and that's when I knew that I had to tell you."

He kissed me, pulling me closer by the loop on my shorts, "I had no idea. That's amazing."

"Then after I told you it was amazing watching you fit in so perfectly with my family."

He laughed, "Until Belly got wasted and took your mom out."

"I still want to slap her for that. Oh! Speaking of, I didn't even have time to tell you, this morning before you woke up, I walked in on Laurel slapping Belly right in the face."

He shrugged, "I mean I am not for hitting your children at all, but honestly as she should. Girl needed a reality check."

"I am so in love with you."

"I'm so in love with you," he laughed. "Is there a reason you say this?"

I scrunched my nose, "So many."

AN:// I am so sorry this chapter took so long to get out and that it is so short. I am working on finding a way to have more time to write to finish up this book. I am taking 19 credit hours and have 2 labs in college so I don't have time to sleep, let alone write.

After I finish this book I might write a fun little one-shot fic or short fic of all of Emilia and Cam's college life moments to hold us over until season 3.

I also really want to write something at some point in Emilia and Cam's life when they have kids.

I never want to stop writing them, so honestly I will keep writing them and posting about it until y'all are sick of them.

Remember you can find me on Instagram at Emmylu_22 if you want to see what's going on in my world.

Now to get back to my piles of homework.