Chapter Twenty-Nine

oenomel
(n.) something combining strength with sweetness

●▬▬▬▬๑๑▬▬▬▬●

PRESENT

ALEKSANDR

The sweet scent of vanilla hit my nostrils the moment I opened my eyes. Laid beside me was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

I hadn't realized that having Genevieve Antonova in my arms could feel this pleasant. After a year of yearning for this woman, she has finally returned to my arms. And I'm definitely not planning to let her go now, and never.

Strands of her wavy black hair fell on her face, glittering slightly beneath the sunray that peeked through the curtains of her bedroom. Her frame flushed close against mine as she took slow breaths, still deep in her slumber.

Out of instinct or impulse, I didn't know, but my thumb spontaneously reached up for her lips, stroking the soft, sweet flesh.

I wanted to kiss her.

A sudden frown appeared on her face, the peaceful expression disappearing. I smiled when I realized she woke up from her sleep.

Sweet Genevieve is a light sleeper.

A gorgeous pair of hazel eyes stared back at me, pulling another smile out of me, just out of instinct.

The moment she acknowledged my presence and our position, crimson covered her face, making me bite my inner cheeks hard to restrain myself from kissing her.

Her eyes frantically looked elsewhere, anywhere but me, as she searched for words to speak, opening and then closing her mouth. "I didn't expect you to stay," her soft tone felt like I could hear the sound forever without ever getting bored.

Tucking the strands of her hair behind her ear, I grinned lightly. "Vy krasivaya," I said, because that's what I've been dying to tell her since I woke up, since I saw her first, and since forever.

Her words from earlier didn't really affect me. Genevieve could think whatever she wants about me, she could expect what I'd never do.

I'd never leave her.

She tried to shift from her position, only making me tighten my grip around her body. And at that time, when she stared at me with a hazy expression, lust waving underneath her gaze, I lose it again.

I crashed my lips onto hers, biting and nibbling on the soft flesh. A shiver rushed through Genevieve's body, her tempting figure nearing more to mine. She wraps her arms around my neck when I hover above her, a breathy whimper leaving her mouth the moment I placed my lips on her neck, her sweet scent almost pleasurably suffocating.

"Ale," She calls out, desperately clinging to me as she lets her hands trail across my shoulders, down to my arms.

Pausing my movements, I stared at her once again, the need filling up inside me to look forever at the woman that decided to take my breath away.

The sight of her laying beneath me, vulnerable and flushed with desire, was doing wild, fierce things inside me. God, the fantasies I had for her, the things I wanted to do to her, even claiming her for eternity wouldn't be able to cease them.

"Say my name, again." I demanded, tracing her delicate curves with my fingers. Breathless, she obeyed me, saying once more, "Ale."

A smirk tugged on my lips as I went down, bit her earlobe slightly. "Again," I said.

Then her mouth formed my name, again and again, until I lost myself in her.

●▬▬▬▬๑๑▬▬▬▬●

GENEVIEVE

A pair of muscular arms caged me between them while I was making breakfast. Immediately, a smile appeared on my face, very aware of the person that stood behind me right now, resting his chin on my shoulder.

The smell of cigarettes and whiskey was the sweetest, maddening than ever.

"What are we making?" Aleksandr's husky voice got whispered near my ear, making goosebumps arise on my body.

"It's me who's making," I pondered, chuckling a little. "You were standing behind the counter for the last ten minutes and doing nothing, if I remember correctly."

"That's right. I kinda get lost when I look at you." His words never failed to make me feel butterflies in my stomach. God, this man and his flirting skills. "Well, that's quite concerning," I remarked mischievously.

His laugh followed afterward. "True," He says, "But I don't really care, dorogaya." He placed a light kiss atop my head, causing me to feel everything weird once again.

After that, I quickly managed to free myself from his grasp before making my way over the counter, placing the breakfast above it.

I turned around to find him leaning against the wall, calculating my movements with his fierce gaze. I cleared my throat, warmth flooding through my body from his mere stare, as I decided to speak. "Let's have breakfast."

Aleksandr only nods and then makes his way over here, his steps just as slow as usual, like a predator coming towards its prey.

When the heat of his eyes turned too intense for me, I looked away.

I took the tool across from him, sat there quietly until he tasted the breakfast. Then I asked, "How's it?" I couldn't decipher if it was the eagerness in my voice that made him chuckle lightly, but he managed to respond with honesty.

"It's very great, dorogaya." And I smiled, "Thank you."

Then I indulged myself in breakfast too. Momentarily after, Aleksandr asks, "Are you planning to go to work today?" I nodded with determination.

There's no way I'm missing another day at work. Moreover, my own home became suffocating for me these three days. I guess my days don't go well without Aleksandr's presence either.

Now that I think about it, foolishly or not, I let him have his access to my life once again.

There's no going back anymore.

About last night, as much as I should regret it, I didn't. If anything, I wanted, I needed that. However, there's still a question that bothers me.

"Aleksandr?"

"Yes, Genevieve."

He looks up at me, waiting to answer any question I had for him, almost as if he had anticipated the query.

A part of me felt hesitant, unwilling, and wanted to let the question be asked for another day, because I didn't want to spoil the moment.

But still, pushing the walls of uncertainty, I blurted out, "What are we?"

Now, after this, now, that there's no going back, what are we?

Surprisingly, he remained nonchalant about my curiosity, thankfully not finding it as absurd as I thought he would find. I kept staring at him with hope, wish, and everything that'd make him aware of how I felt, though I didn't know myself about my feelings.

Then, he broke into a smile; a wide, breathtakingly beautiful smile. He said, "Anything you want us to be, dorogaya."

And I didn't need to say anything more, the emotions in his voice told enough.

_____