"So, how did you like all of this?" Derek spoke after they finished their dinner.

"It is beautiful! And being here with you, made it even more beautiful." She spoke with so much love in her eyes.

"I have a booked a room here for us. It is also very beautiful. Are you ready to see the room now?"

"Yes please." She gleamed.

Derek took keys to their room from the reception, and they got on the lift. They reached on the top floor and their room was as Derek told, was beautiful. It looked more like an apartment on its own. It too had old oil paintings, beautiful curtains, it even had jacuzzi and a gym inside!
Bailey immediately began exploring the place, she looked around to see new things. She pushed the big curtains aside and saw the beautiful city lights!

Wow! So pretty!

Derek came closer and hugged her from back, while placing a kiss on her neck he spoke,

"I'll get us some drinks."

That's it! That drink glass will have my ring in it!!

She couldn't stand in one place, she was too excited! Derek returned with a single champagne glass and a scotch glass which she eyed with excitement. He handed her the champagne and she took it gingerly. He held his glass up for a toast and spoke,

"To us!"

"To us!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After drinking, Derek excused himself to attend some urgent work call and left the room. He asked Bailey to wait for him a little and she happily waited.

She stood by the big window and saw clouds forming in the sky. It was about to rain. She heard the door open.

She turned around and spoke,

"I was waiting.." But more words never came out of her mouth. She couldn't believe her eyes, her eyes grew bigger, her throat felt choked.

Roman was standing in the room, in front of her, in a stunning black suit, his hair nicely done with both hands in his pockets. It was no doubt he looked absolutely dashing, but scary!

For a moment, Bailey kept looking at him in horror. She couldn't believe her eyes. Why was he here?

"Derek!" She practically screamed and Roman moved closer, proceeded to comfortably sit on the bed. Bailey immediately took few steps back, her back hitting the big window.

"He is gone." Roman spoke flatly but Bailey did not believe him.

"Derek!!" She spoke louder this time, fear clearly evident in her voice.

"He is not here! In fact, nobody is."

Bailey's was breathing heavily, the room felt silent. She could hear ringing in her ears. She felt weak, she felt drowsy.

Roman was looking at her. Actually, he looked at her the whole time. He looked at her right from the moment she entered his hotel with Derek. He was sitting in the open lounge area which was not far away from the entrance. When Bailey entered the lobby, she looked breathtaking! Her body in that dress, her made up face, her hair, her doe eyes when she was looking around the place were captivating! Roman unknowingly gripped the phone tighter he was holding on his hand when he saw Bailey laughing at something Derek said into her ear. She looked like a goddess!
Roman never saw Bailey like that. Whenever he saw her, she was either sad or crying, that was what he wanted but right now, she looked the most beautiful girl he saw. Roman immediately hated the way he felt. His body's reaction to her was disturbing to him. He couldn't feel attracted to her! She was his enemy!