Chapter 2

::::::::
Grandma's Testament
::::::::

Switzerland was a lovely place to visit. Packs of tours roamed a bustling street, smelling the fresh air filled with cheese and chocolate fondue.

Cheerful faces spread like a plague. The residents greeted a welcoming 'hello,' whoever caught their attention.

You would have loved to experience the warmth of the sun and Switzerland's culture. Instead, you felt the cold draft blowing past your shorts and loose shirt.

If you had known you were to be attending such an important event, you would have worn something different than your pajamas, and worn shoes.

The room's decoration surpassed the dullness of your dorm. The gray walls were well hidden behind closets and shelves, packing hordes of heavy books.

You were dead sat in the middle, before you a large brown, decrepit desk. Behind it, an old decrepit man, who you ignored.

The leather chair was cold against the soles of your feet. You tried for warmth, shifting around and placing your hands under your tush until they turned purple.

The alien rested on the couch behind you, whose name you learned on the way to your appointment was Debby.

Typical.

Additionally, the two large guards from before stood to watch outside.

From the time you arrived, you've been trapped in this cold, dingy room for at least two hours listening to the executor talk nonstop. You gathered specks of information about your grandmother's life, but nothing sounded peculiar.

Why, the FBI agents had more dirt on her than your grandmother had on herself.

You idly listened, focusing on your current situation more. Your family couldn't possibly know that you were taken hostage by the FBI attending your grandmother's testament. Only learning that you had a grandmother was a rather strange surprise, and getting kidnapped was the next.

Surely, your mother would have thought you mad if you got hold of her number. This made you wonder; Will you ever have access to your family again? The thought made your stomach churn.

You drooped your head, retracting your legs to your body, hugging yourself. You kept hope that getting home would be a reality. They wouldn't have any use for you after the will reading anyway. And besides, you had to finish your Disney movie marathon.

Those movies are the only thing keeping you relativity-sane at the moment.

"Ms. (L/n), will you please answer the question?" The voice cracked.

You jolted from your thoughts. The old man, who seemed to have zero will to live at all, raised a brow.

You apologized. "Could you please repeat the question?" You weren't entirely focused still as your head hung low, avoiding eye contact.

"Are you a fan of Disney, more specifically the Disney princess selection?

Your face contorted into confusion. "I'm sorry?"

"Disney," the executor rasped. "Are you a fan?"

Seconds of silence flew by. Your amount of love for Disney was immeasurable. Yet, you were reading a testament about your grandmother. The sudden question about knowing details for Disney struck a bizarre sensation.

"Yes," you answered hesitantly.

"How much?" He pressed.

"I know quite a bit."

The old man cleaned his glasses for a brief moment before returning to the page. His finger examined every line until he spoke. "Here it claims that the deed to your grandma will only be given to you if you answer all the questions correctly."

The alien scoffed in the background, and you shot her a glare. She waved back with an ugly smirk.

The old man started. "First question. What was the Evil Queen's name?"

Easily you answered, "Queen Grimhilde."

"Correct. Next question. Why was the evil stepmother the way she was?"

"Long or short?" you asked.

"Short please." He emphasized.

"She was broken at the loss of her two husbands, especially after the first."

The room stood in a deafening silence. "Acceptable." He continued, "What mythical creature did the fairy, Maleficent, transformed into?"

"A dragon."

Strangely enough, you noticed all the questions pertained to the Disney villains. On your end, you have gotten every single question correctly. Expected for a Disney crack addict such as yourself.

"Well, congratulations Ms. (L/n). You have received your grandma's entire fortune and her old house, in which you are to start living today if you meet her requirements."

"What?" You blurted.

The executor lifted his glasses. "Ms. (L/n), obtaining the mansion completely will not happen unless you reside in it for a certain amount of time."

"Time?" You repeated. "What do you mean by time?"

He explained. "You must live in your grandmother's house for at least a year. Only then will you have full ownership of it. Deciding to live here will mean continuing your college program through Switzerland's university, as well as having all your necessities covered by your insurance. Just, when the time arrives, you must accommodate to your guests."

"Guests?" You remarked.

The executer sighed annoyed. "You'll know when they'll get here. The FBI will keep a close watch on you."

"What about my family? Do they know I've been brought here? Will I ever see them again?"

"You'll have to ask the person in charge. I'm just the will reader."

You hid a tear, and the man looked down sympathetically.

The whole process of your day was still not rendering. You expected to have no complications on a regular Tuesday. Now your whole life was being flipped upside down for a second time.

The man packed his bags, and you remained lifeless. You knew you had no power in this situation. You had no power there, and no powers here. You were tangled in a spider web waiting to be consumed.

"Well (L/n), will you take this offer?"

Without thinking you answered. "Yes."

..................................

Authors note:
Alrighty my dear readers!! Thank you for all the support so far! I know this chapter may have been a little boring but we must pass through the information we need to get to the good part.

Also! I will be posting announcements to my board for when the next chapter will be released! I have school and I don't want to leave y'all hanging. So look out for those. The next chapter will be out very soon!

I hope you guys have a fantastic day!

Author out!

.....................