There was a moment of silence before Master Windu, another high council member who was parasecs away, voiced his opinion. "I agree with Master Kenobi. We have successfully secured Ryloth and I am to remain in its orbit for the next five rotations. It is our duty to help those in need. We shall take a vote. Those in favor, say aye."

And they did, only one council member or two keeping their mouths shut.

"Settled, it is." Master Yoda bowed his head. "To Chrysós, Master Kenobi will go."

Anakin liked to tinker on his prosthetic arm when he was alone, often getting lost in the upgrades he performed

Anakin liked to tinker on his prosthetic arm when he was alone, often getting lost in the upgrades he performed. But even then, that had not been enough of a distraction for him. He was exhausted. Exhausted from battle, and exhausted from his thoughts. He hadn't gotten anymore then two hours of sleep in the last two days. This was starting to get old.

The 501st was still stationed in orbit of Ryloth, along with the 212th and the 187th. Out of all the things he could have been doing, Anakin hated floating. It was a waste of resources and a waste of his time. As he sulked about it, he sat at his desk and cleaned up the tools he had been using.

A familiar presence approached his door- this wasn't one he could avoid. Before they could even knock, he waved his hand and the door slid open, allowing his former master to enter.

"Your padawan is worried about you." Obi-Wan stood in front of the now closed door, hands tucked behind his back. "She tells me that you've been distant?"

"I've just been tired, that's all." He sighed, snapping his glove back onto his prosthetic. "I've taught Ahsoka a lot, but never to be a narc."

"Anakin," Obi-Wan approached the desk, catching a glimpse of the pile of tools as he gently put a hand on his shoulder. He knew that his former padawan had a habit of working on his hand when he was feeling troubled. "Are you alright?"

The younger of the two shrugged, a gentle sigh leaving his lips. He leaned back in his seat, looking up at him with tired eyes. "I have to be, don't I?"

"You can't say I didn't warn you." Obi-Wan shook his head in disappointment, then going to tuck his arms within the sleeves of his robes. "Involving yourself in an illicit relationship-"

"Obi-Wan," Anakin glared at him. "If what you're trying to say is 'I told you so,' I don't wanna hear it."

"Oh no, of course not." The older one reassured his former padawan. "I would much rather hear an apology from you. Perhaps maybe a 'You were right' as well."

Like Anakin wouldn't admit to his padawan, he would never admit to being wrong to his master either. That would bruise his ego and that's the last thing he wanted to do.

Once engaged, Anakin had informed Obi-Wan that he was going to be marrying Padmé. He owed it to him to tell him such because Obi-Wan had given up a lot for him upon joining the Order. The least he could do was warn Obi-Wan about his partaking in such an activity.

Much to Anakin's surprise, Obi-Wan supported him- although, he didn't agree that this was a wise decision. He'd tried to get Anakin to open his eyes- in fact, he was the one who had truley warned him.

To get involved with a politician... that was a horrible idea. He'd known this since an assignment he once had on Mandalore- politicians were to remain off limits in such a relationship. Jedi and politicians didn't mix.

"If you aren't going to be supporting, then you can just leave." Anakin hissed as he slid everything into a drawer.

Obi-Wan shook his head at the outburst, releasing his hand from his shoulder. "What happened?"

"Divorce." Anakin ran his flesh hand through his hair, attempting to hide the pain on his face. "She 'doesn't want to live like this'- and before you say anything, I know you're gonna to agree with her."

"Well, obviously you understand her feelings enough to know that I agree with her." Obi-Wan put a hand to his chin, stroking his beard. "She shouldn't have to live with such a secret. She has told you it does not make her happy, so what seems to be the problem?"

"I still love her."

"You love her? Or you love the thought of having a partner?" He asked. "From my point of view, I have seen the distance between the two of you growing larger and larger. It was only a matter of time before one of you spoke up."

Anakin stood up and went over to his bed. "I can't talk about this right now."

"Perhaps you should-"

"Where are you off to?"

Typical Anakin, dismissing important conversations. But Obi-Wan decided not to push. "Chrysós," he answered. The royal family has asked for our assistance in escorting them off-world."

"Aren't they rich in gold and silver? Are they joining the Republic? That's would be good for resources."

"Potentially." Obi-Wan nodded in agreement. "But in order for that to happen, I must first rescue the royal family and go from there. Their current situation is a mess, corrupt government and all."

"Of course." Anakin shook his head. "Just... be careful, master. I'm not really in the mood to go and save you, should anything happen."

"Don't get ahead of yourself, Anakin." Obi-Wan stood and went to leave. "I'll be in and out."

"Sure."

Obi-Wan went to leave, but now without one more comment. "You look tired, my padawan. Get some rest."

How was Anakin supposed to tell him that sleep wasn't possible at the moment? Obi-Wan needed to leave, he didn't have time for a whole new conversation about another one of his troubles. So Anakin responded the way he knew his master wanted him to.

"Will do."

He could always call Anakin's b.s "Anakin, I mean it. We can talk some more when I return. I will check in with you as soon as I am out of hyperspace."

Anakin knew that he had concerned Obi-Wan. He couldn't help but feel bad. "I'll try, master." He reassured him. "Now you should get going. You're wasting time."

"I suppose you're right."

The door opened and Obi-Wan was gone, leaving Anakin back to his peace and quiet room, yet messy and loud thoughts.