Chapter 8 - THE END

Start from the beginning

(A/N: Am I the only one who believes that Jed and Hope never becoming good/best friends was such a waste of potential? Like so many things in Legacies, unfortunately.)

AT THE SBS PROM

Jed was right; he does have great taste in fashion. The gown not only fitted the nickname the wolf had for the Tribrid, but it fell perfectly on her beautiful curves, with her ginger hair falling in loose curls and red lipstick. She was "red". But even more magnificent than usual.

When Hope entered the room with Jed, all eyes were on the Trbrid. She was indeed one of a kind, not only in her species. But the red beauty did not care about people looking at her. Well, except for one person, who she looked at just the same.

From afar, Hope and Josie admired each other. Not realizing the rapid beat of their hearts. Not realizing how much time had gone by, looking at each other at this moment felt like an eternity of slow motion that unfortunately passed by too soon.

And it indeed was too soon for Hope when she was pulled away from her trance as Lizzie Saltzman talked to her.

"Damn, wolfie, you look hot! But don't even think about competing for prom queen. Because as much as I must admit you look great tonight, that crown is mine." Lizzie defended her future title.

"Don't worry, Liz, we all know that crown is yours." Hope assured her friend, knowing how much she wanted it.

Before Hope could move further, the DJ played 'Dance the Night' by Dua Lipa, one of Lizzie's favorite songs, and Hope was pulled into a group dance, if she liked it or not. The redhead must admit that dancing in the choreography MG and Lizzie started to make everyone dance to was fun. But just when the song was about to end, her senses saw that Josie, who was turned too hard by MG, uncontrollably circled in Hope's direction, and her instincts would not let the brunette fall.

"Hey." The brunette in the white dress said, catching her breath after Hope caught her just in time. "Hey." The redhead repeated. Ocean blue eyes unable to tear away from the chocolate ones. And just as Hope pulled Josie up again, the music changed to 'Lover' by Taylor Swift, and everyone started to slow dance.

"Can I have this dance?" Hope asked, trying to hide her blush.

"After just saving me? Of course." Josie replied as she took Hope's hand in hers and started to dance slowly while being closer to Hope than she ever thought she would be again.

"You look gorgeous tonight." Josie compliments Hope as she is hiding her face in Hope's neck. Having Josie's face in Hope's neck while dancing closely together felt like the most natural thing in the world for the pair.

"Thank you. You're very beautiful as well. But I'm sure your date has already told you that." Hope says with a slightly bickering tone at the end.

"What date?" Josie raised her head in confusion.

"Didn't that jerk from the pack ask you to prom last week?" Hope explained in frustration, making Josie laugh.

"Well, yes, he tried, but I told him off as I am interested in someone else," Josie said with a smirk.

"Oh, do I know them?" Hope felt defeated as her grip on Josie loosened, being too oblivious to get the hint.

"Hmmm, let's see if you know them." The taller girl pulled the redhead back to their dancing position.

"They are the most beautiful, selfless, and strongest person I have ever met. They love the people they care about deeply and would fight for them until the end of the world without ever thinking of themselves. To everyone else, they seem like the toughest person around, and they are. But with me, they are soft, creative, funny, and vulnerable. And even though we have just reunited again, I have loved them since we were young without them even realizing it." Josie continued as she leaned closer to Hope.