chapter 16

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐑

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑.

"Holon marjani, run that shit back," Genesis, Marjani's cousin yells over the phone as marjani lets out an exhausted sigh.

"Girl was you not listening the whole time?" Marjani groans, pressing the phone closer to her ear with her shoulder. Her hands was too busy rolling up a back wood as she sits on her bed.

"No girl I wasn't listening! I'm trying to wash these dishes, holon na," Gensis replied. Marjani sighs as she continues to roll up before bringing the blunt to her lips, sticking her tongue out to lick it and finish the roll.

A lot of shuffling could be heard on the other end of the phone as well as static. Marjani just sits and waits, reaching over to grab her lighter before leaning back against her black headboard.

A door was shut on the other end of the phone, and then Genesis finally spoke. "Okay tell me, what's yo plan again with ole girl?"

"Ja'nai..." she corrects her. "My plan is simply really. I want to make Ja'nai fall in love with me, to get back at Amarie. She needs to feel what I feel when she was spreading lies and dirt on ma names. I want her to feel how I felt. All alone, heartbroken, and with no friends."

Silence filled the room as neither of the girls spoke for minute. That was until Genesis smacks her teeth.

"So you wanna get back at her by sleeping with her girl? That ain't shit, that's lame ass hell. You needa come up with a better plan. Amarie don't even like ole girl for real,"

Marjani shrugs. "I don't care what them two got going on, I just want Amarie to feel hurt. She steady always talkin about how I got cheated on and shit and how's nobody loves me.. I want to return that same fucking energy. After that then I'm gone, I'm transferring schools."

"Mar..." Genesis sighs over the phone. "Are you sure you wanna do this? Ion think I can endorse this kinda mess. It's vindictive. It's not you. Ain't you worried about karma?"

"Fuck Karma, I'm getting by get back! They all deserve it, every single one of them bitches, and who knows? Maybe I'll go fuck with Leo after that. Her new girlfriend been getting too smart with me on social media."

"You for real? Lemme see... send dat screenshot."

"Bet," Marjani says as she sends Genesis the screenshot of Leo's Girlfriend, D'man, talking all that shit on Twitter.