Chapter 14

Years later, on Rayla's 16th birthday...

"So? Aren't you guys gonna tell me how you met?! You told me you would!!" Rayla giggled.

Runaan rolled his eyes, but Ethari laughed.
"Maybe when you're older.."
Rayla groaned.
"BUT I AM OLDER! You said this last time as well!" She crossed her arms angrily.
Runaan looked at Ethari. He sighed.
"Well.. uh-" Ethari started, but got interrupted by Runaan.
"We met through a friend-!" He said quickly.

"Oh." Rayla said.
"Boooooooooringggggggggg...!" She exclaimed, which made everyone laugh. Runaan looked into Ethari's eyes and smiled.

"Im going to my room to try on the new boots i got!" Rayla cried, jumping up and grabbing them from under the table.
"Don't track the mud into the house if you go outside!" Ethari yelled after her, but she had already sprinted up the stairs. He laughed to himself and looked around to see Runaan staring at him. Ethari rolled his eyes and laughed.

"Yes yes I know you're deeply and madly in love with me-" he said playfully which made Runaan laugh. He raised an eyebrow. Runaan looked at him again, this time more sincere.

"Are we ever gonna tell Rayla how we actually met, Ethari?" He smiled.
"God no." Ethari said sternly, which made Runaan laugh again.

Runaan's laugh made Ethari smile.

He was so lucky to have such an amazing husband.